Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 21 October 2022

The Green Man and coloured walks

 Hi everyone I have a new journal page for Elle's Art Journal Journey theme 'Fairytales, Folklore and Fables - Tell Me A Story' 

The Green Man has many different stories told about him  - see here and also here.

A lot of old English churches have Green man faces carved somewhere in them but if you have followed the links you will see that he may have originated in Pagan times.

It is quite fun to see how many different ways off carving him there are.

My Green Man is a Lavinia stamp, I stamped him and lots of different coloured leaves over my page with some scraps of paper.

I mentioned that we have had a few walks lately..

Lyme Park













Leaves on the water and a reflection from the tree above







It was lovely warm sunny day and we went without our coats
We spotted some Fungi beside the path


Fletcher Moss



We think this tree has died












Styal Mill Gardens




Just for Fern lovers....
    

There's been a lot of clearing being done 

We came down the steps this time.





There's still a lot of green around

Fungi here too


I think I must have kept you far too long.

Thanks for looking, Chris


13 comments:

Helen said...

I am amazed you've had time for art journalling with all your amazing days out what beautiful photos, I love the rich colours this time of year, made all the better with those wonderful blue skies! I'm not sure the sky will be quite so blue at Kew tomorrow, but we'll see! Have a good weekend.

My name is Erika. said...

I enjoyed those articles you attached about the Green Man Chris. I had heard of him, but didn't know the story behind him. Your page is great, as is your Lavinia Green Man stamp. And wowsa Chris, what a beautiful walk you took. You had me with the first photos of the mansion at Lyme Park. That building looks familiar to me. I wonder if it was in a TV series or movie. I hope you have a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Great work and interesting background, too!
And a wonderful walk in the park, thank you x

Valerie-Jael said...

The Green man was often used as a pub sign, too. Thanks for sharing the photos of your lovely walks. Hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

I love the stories of the Green Man. That stamp is awesome. Your Autumn walk photos are just gorgeous. I think my favorite is the red vine leaves against the wall. Enjoy your weekend

Gillena Cox said...

I remember scares of a mythical green faced man growing up😊
Luv your art and pics.
Remember to link to Art For Fun Friday at Lunch Break the linky is still open

Much❤love

Michelle said...

Such a lovely page with your Green Man resembling a tree. Your Fall foliage pics are beautiful. Mother Nature dies a wonderful job this time of year n

Neet said...

Love the rubber stamped images of The Green Man and your page with the Lavinia one on is great Chris. I love the autumnal colours and seeing him centre stage.
I one saw one carved into an old tree trunk in Wales and was absolutely amazed at the work that had gone into it.
So nice to be reminded.
Hugs, Neet xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I had never heard of the Green Man, so I was delighted to learn a bit more about him. This was a fabulous entry for Elle's theme at Art Journal Journey, dear.
Both those gardens are incredible. Not sure where you find time for all these actities and a way to make art, too, but I loved seeing all the wonderful phoptos you shared with us from your walks.

Divers and Sundry said...

I don't remember hearing of the Green Man 'til I was grown. I love your scenic walk.

Caty said...

This is an AMAZING journalpage Chris ! I loove this green man. The background is so lovely with the leaves and great quote too.
Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful photographs with us. Love the colours of autumn.
I wish you a great new week, send big hugs
Caty

Empire of the Cat said...

I was looking forward to seeing your green man page Chris after you mentioned you had a stamp. It's fabulous, love all the leaves and the quote and how you changed it to oak leaves. What beautiful places to go walking too, I am especially intrigued by the mushrooms, some weird ones have popped up in my garden now too. Thanks for joining me for the October theme at Art Journal Journey this month Elle/Empire of the Cat xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

This was really a wonderful tree story with great beautiful photos of this place.
Your journal page is so creatively conceived. Great!
Have a beautiful Week, hug Elke