Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 15 October 2022

Alice

Hi everyone, This week we've had a lovely days out at Lyme Park and Fletcher Moss - we sat in the sunshine on Thursday and agreed it was warmer than some of the days we had visited in Summer.

I have a new journal page for Elle's 'Fairytales, Folklore and Legends - Tell Me A Story' theme at Art Journal Journey.

I'm not sure where Alice In Wonderland fits in here, but I do know that it's a story I loved as a child.


I used one of the napkins I received in the TSFT swap - I used a wet paintbrush to draw around the parts I wanted to use so that it came apart easily.

The Alice stamp was a freebie from a magazine, as were the watches that I stamped randomly over the page before adding the napkin pieces. I coloured in the cup as it didn't stay out so well

There's a lot going on still but after my days out I am feeling so much better.

Thanks for looking, Chris


9 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Your page brings back happy memories as Alice was one of my favorite stories especially with the John Tenniel illustrations.

My name is Erika. said...

I've been looking at that napkin from the swap thinking I should use it. But you used yours in such a lovely way Chris. It is perfect for Elle's challenge for certain, even though like you, I'm not sure which topic Alice in Wonderland fits into. It sounds like you've had some lovely walks. Enjoy your Sunday. hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh dear. You have captured my idea. I want to use tgat same napkin. So clever of you dear. It's a great entry for Elle's theme at AJJ, too.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderfrul journal page, hugs, Valerie

Empire of the Cat said...

Hi Chris, so fab you used the napkin from the swap, how fun. I think Alice is always a welcome addition to any journal page. She deserves honorary status as I'm sure Lewis Carroll was influenced by a lot of fairytales along the way and Alice always seems so fairytale-esque to me. Thanks for joining me for the October theme at Art Journal Journey this month Elle/Empire of the Cat xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I still have the Alice books from my childhood. Always a favorite :)

Rita said...

Glad you are feeling better. Lovely Alice spread. :)

Michelle said...

What a cool page! You’ve completely captured the entirety of the Alice in Wonderland story here. I’m glad you are on the mend.

Neet said...

I loe Alice stories and I love Llandudno which is steeped in her - shame the little shop closed that held lots of information and memorabilia.
What a fab napkin you had to work with - this page is so very Alice and I love it. Lots of content but not crowded.
Hope we get some sunshine this next week.
Hugs, Neet x