Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 30 October 2022

Escapism!

 Hi everyone, I have one final page for Elle's 'Fairytales, Folklore and Fables - Tell me a story' theme at Art Journal Journey.

I've had a few things on this month and haven't managed so many pages this time (although I had some started in other journals that seem to have gone missing!) It's been a brilliant theme and Elle has produced such inspiring pages herself - Thanks so much Elle!


I started my page by giving it a wash of sparkly pigment paint and then sprinkling some pigment powder over the bottom and spritzed it.
They really are shiny although you can't see here.
The image (part of a larger image), the paint and powder are all from a small company called Little Rainbow Moon. This is not an advertisement, I just want to tell you what brilliant products they are.

I added parts of some Aall and create stamps and added scraps and washi tape and added the words from Lindsay Mason's Castles In the Air set.

Lots of stories have castles in them and this page really has been my idea of escapism - which is one of the definitions of the quote.

I'll be back soon with not just one, but three separate posts - all scheduled because we are going to visit the National Arboretum at Westonbirt - my friend Sheila who passed away 2 years ago told us it was the best place to visit in Autumn and we had planned a visit with her. Now we are going on our own and will spend time thinking of her.

Thanks for looking, Chris

 




9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your beautiful page, castles do belong to fairy tales. hAVE A GREAT WEEK, HUGS, VALERIE

Matilde said...

Lovely background on this page! I like the effect of those pigments :)

Cloudia said...

I enjoyed escaping into your visual arts

My name is Erika. said...

This page has such a dreamy feel Chris. Nice job. I love how you added the little page within the page with the castle and that wonderful tree. It's a great way to end the month. I hope you have nice start to the new week and the end of October. hugs-Erika

Helen said...

Great page. I hope you enjoy Westonbirt and that the colour is spectacular - look forward to the photos!

CJ Kennedy said...

A fairy tale wouldn't be fairy tale without a castle.

Empire of the Cat said...

This is lovely Chris, I love how you have a floating castle too. Thanks for joining me for the October theme at Art Journal Journey this month Elle/Empire of the Cat xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I agree with CJ about fairytales and castles. I think this is brilliant andI love te muted colors and collage you created. Thanks ever so much foor sharing this final entry at AJJ using Elle's theme. I look forward to your autumn photos, too.

NatureFootstep said...

Love your story of Castles In the Air. I don´t remember the story even if I think I should. :) A bautiful page. :)