Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 11 October 2022

T Stands for The Mixed Bag

Hi everyone, what a mixed bag it is too!

First I have a Journal page for Elle's Art Journal Journey theme - 'Fairy Tales, Folklore and Fables'.

As you can see from my title I really don't know. 
When I started the page I had a recollection of a story from an old book belonging to my Mum where the Tiger was captured and left tied up in the sun. 
I went on to the internet to check it out properly and found several versions from various sources, one of which was similar to the one I remembered but now I am just confused so I'll leave it to you to find out for yourselves and make up your mind which you like!

The background is made from green ink and some random stamping and then collage over the top.

Next a few pics from Port Sunlight last Saturday. My lovely friend Sarah was demoing and took Helen and me along with her.

Here she is with lovely Jo Rice who was doing the first demo stint.

Here is a corner of one of my favourite stands - UNIKO

We popped back to see what Sarah was doing later in the day when the crowds had lessened.
After the show we headed off to Starbucks for some coffee shop journalling
Here's my little pink zip up case that went to France with me
By the time we came out (two cups of coffee and a little bit of cake) later the moon was shimmering away in the clouds.
So, what did I buy?
Mainly stamps and stencils and a little jigsaw die.
My biggest surprise came from not just seeing lovely Christine(Please remind me to take a photo next time Chris) but being given the most beautiful set of handmade papers 
Here they are with some brushes that Helen bought me. Thank you both so much!
Now to France...
Our first day was spent at a Vide Grenier - three of us love looking around other peoples rejects..
Hubby took himself off to the nearby lake for a while

We had a shopping day on the Monday - no photos
On Tuesday hubby and I went off to the Chateau de Mont Sur Guesnes while our friends attended appointments.
There were so many interesting animated displays as well as artefacts and and tactile diplays 
This whole wall had little vignettes that kept us looking for quite a while.
One of the most interesting for me was the story of Alaenor d'Aquitaine (who as you know is a kind of heroine of mine)

Hubby took close ups of some of the story plates



Another room had a banquet setting where we sat at a table with food on it, a head table and musicians in doorways.
Outside were tents, trebuchets and other items to explore, by this time a wind was blowing cold and we went inside for a drink!
The nearby village was interesting and we agreed that we should come back another year!



I didn't take any photos of the food we ate on these two days, but I do have some photos of the Italian restarant we went to during our Nantes stay - the food was delicious and the decor was so unusual.
We sat in a village square ....
There were other rooms decorated in different styles....a bar, a library, a country kitchen...one room had a wall with ceramic faces on it.
Here is my partly demolished dessert - with my very nearly finished mocktail, behind that you see hubby's café gourmand.
I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth at The Altered Book Lover for 'T Stands For Tuesday' where we are invited to join the T gang with something drink related.

We remembered to take a photo of this fabulous place to show our friends.

I hope I haven't overdone it this week!
Thanks for looking, Chris

19 comments:

Mae Travels said...

Your photos are really enjoyable. I love those very old walls, towers, and castles.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

jinxxxygirl said...

I always enjoy your photos Chris so don't ever worry about too much.. lol Love seeing France.. I'm beginning to think maybe you should move there ?! Great you got to go to an Art and Craft show! Love what you bought too.. Look forward to seeing you use it! Big Hugs to you and hubby! deb

Empire of the Cat said...

Wow Chris! Where to start, OK I'll start at the end, that restaurant looks like a lot of fun, I would love to sit in the library room. Love the chateau too, inside and out! Just beautiful. Love the handmade papers and looks like you have an interesting collection of purchases from lots of different brands. I love your pink journalling kit and the idea of journalling in a coffee shop! I will be back to visit your AJJ entry. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

Helen said...

Glad you got to Port Sunlight - looks less busy than the last time I was there! Sarah is looking well though. Great photos from France, thanks for sharing them.

Cloudia said...

Thank you for bringing us!

Carola Bartz said...

Your page is lovely, Chris! And it seems you got some nice stamps and stencils - always good to have.

My name is Erika. said...

What a fun post Chris. First of all I am jealous you have such a fun craft store to visit. I just have the big box stores which really don't have a great selection, but they are better than nothing. You found some fun new stamps and stencils. And it's fun that you take us back to France again. I'm filling in for Elizabeth for host this week, so let me thank you for joining us. And I hope you had a super T day. hugs-Erika

Kate Yetter said...

I lOVE your tiger page! That is great that you are able to take your journal with you on your travels.
I loved seeing the pictures of the exhibits at the Chateau de Mont Sur Guesnes. So many things to look at, I bet you could be there hours. looks like a great trip.
Happy Tea day,
Kate

Sharon Madson said...

Great tiger page! I love that saying on there, too. Great idea! Chris, Thanks for the comment on my blog already! :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful photos from your vacation! Looks like you had fun at Port Sunlight. Enjoy your new goodies! Hugs, Valerie

Heather McMahon said...

What a fab take on the challenge and your pics are fabulous!

CJ Kennedy said...

How The Tiger Got His Stripes sounds like one of the Just So stories by Rudyard Kipling. Looks like a fun time at the art show and beautiful goodies. I always enjoy your trips to France. I really enjoyed the peek into the Chateau de Mont Sur Guesnes. Happy T Day

Michelle said...

I’d totally forgotten the story of How the Tiger got its stripes. Your art work is adorable. I’m a fan of mixed media. And it looks like you had a really great day at Port Sunlight. Those vibrant papers are gorgeous! And so many lovely sights in France. Awesome!

Iris Flavia said...

Now this sounds like a lot of adventurous fun! A very late happy T-day...

Divers and Sundry said...

I always feel like I've been on a trip through your photos and descriptions. Thanks for shoring :)

craftytrog said...

I love your tiger page Chris, and great photos of your holiday too.
Great photos of Port Sunlight too. I miss going to shows! The only time I went to Port Sunlight was when I demoed for PaperArtsy, I loved it.
Alison

Empire of the Cat said...

Hi Chris, I'm back to comment on your tiger page this time. I know this story too, though I can't remember the answer either lol I'm loving all the greens and of course the smart looking tiger on the page. Thanks for joining me for the October theme at Art Journal Journey this month Elle/Empire of the Cat xx

Rita said...

Fun art...fun craft show...fun new goodies to play with...and a fun excursion. Wow! :)

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Chris! What a wonderful page! I love the adorable tiger and the question you asked! And I really enjoyed seeing all of your amazing photos! Thanks so much for sharing your art work and your photos! They are awesome. Hugs, Sharon