Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 4 October 2022

Autumn is here!

 Hi everyone, 'Autumn' is our new theme at Try It on Tuesday.

The Design Team clearly love Autumn as they have provided the most wonderful inspiration for you - please take a look here.

My journal page comes in two parts

First, the page you will find on the Try It On Tuesday blog


and then this page where you are invited to find the three fairies who are at the bottom of my Autumn garden.

I used a napkin over a splodgy painted page to which I added some stamped mushrooms and more paint.

The idea for this page came from a song my Mum used to sing when I was little. We had a compost heap in our garden and I would often stand and watch, waiting to see fairies - never did!!!

Here is a link to the lyrics - There are fairies at the bottom our garden

I hope you will share your Autumn art at TIOT over the next two weeks 

I am also sharing my page at Art Journal Journey where Elle has a theme of 'Fairy Tales, Folklore and Fables - Tell Me A Story'

Thanks for looking, Chris


10 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It took me awhile, but I finally found two of the fairies. One is very elusive, I fear. These are really adorable entries, and I am loving the hidden fairies at the bottom of your garden. That's a great entry for Elle's theme at AJJ, too, dear.

How was the crop?

My name is Erika. said...

This is beautiful Chris. That flowered background (the napkin) really makes an autumn background. And good for you to sneak in those little fairies at the mushrooms. Hope all is well. Are you home from your trip? Hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

What a gorgeous autumnal page! I love how you used the napkin with all those autumnal images and adding the paint and mushrooms worked so beautifully 😊. Thanks for the inspiration and Happy October! Hugs Jo x

Empire of the Cat said...

Beautiful Autumnal page Chris. Those are some sneaky fairies! I couldn't see them at all and then suddenly they popped out - all three of them - not as blind as I thought I was lol. Thanks for joining me for the October theme at Art Journal Journey this month Elle/Empire of the Cat xx

Neet said...

I tried to leave a comment but the bad weather seems to have stopped it going through - darned internet up here! Anyway, here goes again today
I am like Elizabeth and can only find two of your fairies but I will pop back and have another look tomorrow.
I love the napkin you have used on your page, it looks lovely against that splodge background you made. Very colourful, so effective and a lovely autumnal page. I take it it is a nice day at the bottom of your garden unlike today where I am - torrential rain at times and no promise of brighter weather this week.
Hugs, Neet xx

sirkkis said...

Really beautiful page, Chris.
Happy autumn xx

NatureFootstep said...

yes, this is autumn :) A good one.

Meggymay said...

Beautiful autumn colours Chris and fantastic journal pages.
I've enjoyed a good catch up and looked at the great photos you shared from your trips away.
Yvonne xx

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Chris, love all the autumnal colours along with those fabulous pumpkins and toadstools. I found the three fairies, although it took me a while to find the third.
Avril xx

Michelle said...

This page is absolutely gorgeous! So many details to soak in. And such lovely colors.