Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 31 August 2022

Hiding!

Hi everyone, this will be my final post for my 'When We Were Young'  theme at Art Journal Journey blog.

I have really enjoyed reminiscing over some of the pages. 

Thank you all for taking time to make pages when it was hot or you had holidays booked - it really was appreciated. There were some wonderful pages to inspire everyone, which I think is what Art Journal Journey is all about.

When I was little we lived on a nursery, I'm sure some of you already know that. My brother and I were lucky as after everyone had gone home we had a huge empty road to ride our bikes up and down or play ball games. There was also the temptation to play in parts that we couldn't go in when tractors etc were being driven around.

Piles of soil and sand, stacks of sleepers, pots and crates all made play areas, which used to get us into trouble.

My Dad had responsibility for the property when work finished so if we went off to play in these areas he would get quite cross with us. My brother and I still continued to go back to these places though!

This very old stamp reminded me of those times. I made a background of paint stencilled over with a flower stencil. The image was stamped onto the inside of an envelope. I added extra flowers with the little stamps I bought at a museum in Paris. The quote is from a Lindsay Mason set. 

I'm looking forward now to our new AJJ host's theme - I think you're going to love it!

Thanks for looking, Chris   

7 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

You were a fantastic host Chris, and I loved your theme. It was fun to reminisce. And this page is great. I love that old stamp, and all the blue. Plus that quote is amazing. I haven't seen that one, but it describes me. I was always the one who wasn't going to put up with something I didn't like. But like you, I was a good kid, but unlike you it was my Mom who would always be mad at me.This is a super way to end the month. I could make some more pages with your theme, but you are right, next month looks like more fun. hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning Chris, I love your page very much, sounds like a wonderful childhood for sure. Happy midweek

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was so happy to see this final entry using yooir theme at AJJ. You were an excellent host and I loved everuytjing ypu created. I love how you were able to relate the story back to a real childhood experience you had. and those stamps you used were beautiful. Thanks for ending your month at AJJ with this really charming entry, dear Chris.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely entry today, filled with nice memories for you! Hugs, Valerie

Cloudia said...

Thank you for sharing yourself with us

Caty said...

Your page is Wonderful Chris! I lovee the background, and the so beautiful stamp. Thanks so much for your theme over Art Journal Journey this month, it´s lovely. We have lots of remembers of when we were young.
I wish you a great Thursday, and send big hugss
Caty

NatureFootstep said...

you created a lovely page and I love the somewhat, unusual, stamp. :)