Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 1 September 2022

Fur or Feather

 Hi everyone, its time to welcome Neet, of Hickydorums blog to Art Journal Journey with her fabulous new theme of 'Fur and/or Feather'

First of all, thanks to all of you who added such lovely pages for my theme last month.

This month Neet wants to see your pages that include anything with 'Fur And/Or Feather' As Neet says, even dogs have some fur on their bodies, even though most of it is hair!

Neet has some great suggestions for you on the Art Journal Journey blog. 

My page has fur and feathers..


I had some paper from a Somerset magazine tucked away in a box that kept popping to the top so I decided to use it for my page. I added some stencilling through some sequin waste and a large dot stencil.

I added a grey hare (disguised by the darker area around him) using a Crafty Individuals stamp and an eagle (looking for a meal) cut from some Stamperia paper. The words are from a Tim Holtz Big Chat word sticker book. I inked around the paper and around the words with black ink.

I love seeing any bird of prey but in this instance I hope the hare keeps still and isn't seen by the eagle.

Thanks for looking, Chris

12 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I really love the hare, and it goes well with the eagle high in the sky. A really great first entry for Neet's theme at Art Journal Journey.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful page Chris! Love the hare hiding in his corner so the eagle doesn't find him! Have a great day, take care, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

Fun page Chris. I like how you went with both fur and feathers. And a nice quote too. I like it. It is just enough for your page. Happy September to you. Hugs-Erika

OLga said...

Immagine molto bella.Sono una nuona lettrice.Ciao

Neet said...

This is so clever, I do hope the hare can keep hidden away from the eagle. If your talent with art and backgrounds is anything to go by I am sure he is going to be still, so very still and the eagle is going to have to stop seeking before too long.
I love this page so much, a fabulous beginning to my theme at AJJ. Thank you Chris.
Hugs, Neet xx

craftytrog said...

A wonderful page Chris! I love the background and the camouflaged hare.

Caty said...

OOh, this is a Wonderful page Chris ! Love the background, with dark areas. I also hope the eagle can´t see this so cute rabbit.
Have a great Friday, sending big hugss
Caty

Cloudia said...

When something keeps popping to the top to your attention, absolutely do something with it!

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderful page. The hare is pretty well camouflaged, too, as long as he keeps still.

nwilliams6 said...

Wow, powerful page, Chris. I love it is monochrome and deep in visual texture and story. Fabulous. Hugz

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm finding this a striking and thought-provoking image. Nice!

Empire of the Cat said...

Oh no Chris, I hope the bunny/hare is safe from that eagle. Love the page, worried about the bunny, Elle