Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 29 August 2022

T Stands for.... taking walks

Hi everyone, the weather is still sunny and bright here, we had some rain but now we have blues skies again and it's a pleasant heat.

An ideal day for a family outing! We had one the other week but I was so excited to see (almost)everyone, that I forgot to take any photos other than passing shots, mainly from behind). We had a picnic and a walk around Dunham Massey

I spotted this page in a membership magazine and it made me think of  the family outings we must have had over the years. 

The background was made with lots of different bright colours using a stencil, a tree stamp from a magazine and some stickers and words from a magazine.

I am coming to the end of my time as host at Art Journal Journey but I still have a couple more pages to link to my 'When We Were Young' theme.

I've been enjoying seeing your pages, so many clever ideas - Thank you!

We haven't spent much time outdoors recently - we took a short walk in Styal last week on our way shopping.




Hubby took this photograph of a Red Admiral enjoying some rotting apple....

...and I spotted this one ready to fall.





These pink Sweet Peas have the most wonderful scent

We also went to the Pride Parade in Manchester  - it has been cancelled for the past two years so there was a massive turn out to welcome it back - we arrived just after it had started and went to get some food not long before it ended  - but we were standing watching for two hours!







-------------------------------
For my drink related post for Bleubeard and Elizabeth's 'T Stands For Tuesday' I have a photo of hubby showing our water on the table
I have recently had my medication changed, before the dose was doubled hubby treated us to Fish and Chips at Notcutts Garden Centre. We hadn't been there for ages and  we really enjoyed our outing!

I'm now taking less medication but different!

I see from Elizabeth's post that my napkins still haven't arrived - I have never known anything take so long to travel to her home! I am now getting a little worried that something has happened to them. I used stamps, which the post office seem reluctant to provide so I am wondering if that has anything to do with it???

All I can do is apologise for the delay!


Thanks for looking

14 comments:

Mae Travels said...

I always love your English country walks, with the buildings and gardens and flowers. Your art piece is very nice this week.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Carola Bartz said...

These gardens that you always visit are so beautiful and full of colors. I can understand that you like to walk there. I like your page a lot. I have found out for inter-continental mail that I usually send almost everything (except regular letters) with tracking. I send packages to my daughter in Germany, and those always are shipped with tracking and insurance. It's a little bit more expensive, but they make it to their destination. Happy T day.

My name is Erika. said...

This is a great idea for your theme Chris. What a fun page. And the gardens look beautiful. You have a lot of them to visit which is such a wonderful thing. That apple looks a little unusual with those bumps though. And the pride parade looks like a fun time. I love how that community uses rainbows as their image. Have a great T day Chris. hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your journal page is wonderful. It is clever and really colorful. Thanks for the inspiration and lovely page using your theme at AJJ.

Those gardens are beautiful. I would love to join you, except that dead apple sort of creeped me out. I like how the flowers are in clusters and how the colors go so well together.

WOW on that Pride Parade. Seems they went all out to make it really special this year.

Glad to read you are taking less medication, but I hope it doesn't need adjusting. Your food looks yummy and the water is perfect for your drink this Tuesday, dear.

I am also worried about the napkins, but I'm giving it one more week to get here. Let's not panic too much yet. Maybe next Tuesday we'll panic.

Kate Yetter said...

SO many interesting things from your walk. Wonderful pictures.
Your art journal page is beautiful. I love the various colors and textures.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Sharon Madson said...

Beautiful photos, Chris. I love your when we were young page. I do hope the napkins come soon. I just thought of something! How long will it take for you to get a package back? LOL :) Happy T Day!

DVArtist said...

I sure hope your napkins reach Elizabeth. I love the art and the parade. What fun. Hope this medication works out for you. Have a lovely evening.

CJ Kennedy said...

Your page brings back happy memories of family outings. Your walks are just so beautiful and very Zen. Happy T Day

Iris Flavia said...

Sounds like a lot of family- and other fun!
After two years we, too, hat the Christopher Street day parade, so good to get back to normal - and I mean that.
Hmmm, fish and chips!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal page, and lovely photos, as always. The Pride parade looks good, glad it was back again.Happy T Day! Valerie

nwilliams6 said...

Fab journal page, Chris. Love the happy scene and how you captured the energy and colors in your background. Happy and fun.

Your walk looks lovely - such pretty pictures. Love that butterfly and the flowers.

The fish and chips and your smiling hubby also look wonderful!

What a fun parade - glad to see such support for people who feel very unsupported.

I feel like the mail is like so many other things in the world - a bit slower and a bit more confused. Not your fault!

Glad you are on a bit less medicine.

Many hugz and happy T-day!

Divers and Sundry said...

All those flowers! That's a peaceful place for a walk. We have a local Pride parade, but I've never been. That fish and chips place looks tasty. Yes, please :)

Happy T Tuesday

Cloudia said...

What a fun outing! Thank you so much!

Empire of the Cat said...

How fun to got to Manchester Pride, we used to go to the Sydney one and it was a great day out. I loved your theme for August and was sorry to not manage more pages - I had a specific one in mind that I didn't get to do as it relied on a photo I couldn't find lol. Those apples look like Egmont Russets? They are my favourite, I have some growing in the garden. Sorry for my lateness, end of month is always a busy time for me. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx