Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 4 August 2022

In The Garden

 Hi everyone! I had forgotten how long fussy cutting can take, especially with interruptions! There's lots in my calendar journal page and it's taken me a little while - in fact one little girlie went off for a wander and I had to search for her! August's page is for my 'When We Were Young' theme at Art Journal Journey. 

I used some crumpled packaging to add some Distress Oxide colours. I'm sure you recognise the garden and the girls as being Janet Klein's Aall and Create stamps. They may have a few friends by the end of the month and I hope some more flowers grow too.

I grew up (stop me if If I've told you this...oops, sorry you can't) on a nursery. My parents were both gardeners too, so there was always an abundance of flowers around. 

I'm sure my love of visiting gardens comes from way back!!!

Back then I really couldn't stand the scent of roses - we used to have to walk around a field full of them whenever I went on evening walks around the nursery with my Dad. Now of course I love the scent - a happy memory!

Here is last month's page with a few more houses added.

Thanks for looking, Chris

7 comments:

Joan said...

Fab page Chris, love those girls !

Joan x

Neet said...

Love your JK figures - they are perfect for this challenge. Must try to get a JK page done myself.
Thanks for a great theme.
hugs, Neet xx

CJ Kennedy said...

Those girlies crack me up! Love them. Lovely memory of your dad, too.

craftytrog said...

A beautiful calendar Chris, I love those cute girlies!

kathyinozarks said...

Love this Chris

My name is Erika. said...

Those Janet Klein little folks make great images for your When we were young calendar Chris. I like how it came out a lot. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

Rika said...

wonderful pages!