Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 9 August 2022

Summer Blooms at TIOT

 Hi everyone, our new theme at Try It On Tuesday is so blooming' good - we would like to see your 'Summer Blooms'. They can be in a garden or in a vase, single blooms or a whole bunch of them, please just come along and show us.

The Design Team have picked lots to show you, please take a look here.


I have made a journal page with some memories of having sunflower growing competitions with my brother. 
I love seeing the fields of sunflowers in France too!

I used watercolour paint to create a sky and field and did some second generation stamping of groups of sunflowers. I then used individual stamps on top which I coloured with Albrecht Durer aquarelle pencils and a water brush.
The Tim Holtz paper dolls were just the right size to fit by the sunflowers.
I wish I could tell you who made these stamps but sadly they have been parted from their packaging.

I have some sunflowers in a vase at the moment
They replaced these....



I think they still looked beautiful but they were beginning to drop petals.

I hope you will join us at TIOT this time with your own'Summer Blooms'

I am also linking to my 'When We Were Young' theme at Art Journal Journey'

Thanks for looking, Chris

7 comments:

Helen said...

LOVE your sunflowers Chris! Those are my favorite flowers too! Awesome summery scene to create a beautiful memory of you and your brother!! LOVE it! Have a fun week! ((HUGS)) Helen

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous journal page, and sunflowers are alwas beautiful, even more so when they get old and gnarled! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

I love sunflowers too Chris. What a cool page. I tried to grow some giant sunflowers this year, only to have chipmunks eat the seeds. And the one plant that was growing then was bit off by a woodchuck. Next year I am going to take the piece off your page and try them in pots. LOving your page with those sunflowers and nice use of TH people too. hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page Chris, I love the sunflowers!

Let's Art Journal said...

So beautiful and I love your sunflower inspiration! Bring me sunshine reminds me of Morecambe and Wise from my childhood - perfect 😀. I hope you're having a lovely week and Happy August! Hugs Jo x

Joan said...

Fab page Chris, who doesn't love su nflowers, such happy flowers !


Joan x

Mrs.B said...

A great page Chris, love your sunflower garden, they are such fabulous flowers and I remember being amazed at their height when I was a child.
Thanks for your kind wishes - I'm getting there, but it's taken longer than I expected.
Avril xx