Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 23 August 2022

In The Rain at TIOT

 Hi everyone! Don't be fooled by my blog post title - our new theme at Try It On Tuesday is 'Keep It Simple'. and it just happens that my journal page has rain in it!

The Design team have all been keeping it simple - please take a look here.

My A5 journal page was so simple to make and could easily have been made on a greeting card.

I used water colour paint across the bottom of my page and I blew across it to make some splashes (I could have been more accurate if I had used a straw) 
The Mabel Lucie Atwell image is a stamp from The Artistic Stamper which I coloured with Polychromo pencils.

I used a Tim Holtz small talk sticker and another typed out on my Demo machine.
 I picked up some of the water colour and spattered a little over the page before adding the image and some pen drawn impact lines.

I hope you can join us at Try It On Tuesday this time with this simply great theme.

I have grandchildren who used to love jumping in puddles, but I think there is a puddle jumper in all of us.

Thanks for looking, Chris

   


13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page, love the sweet image. Hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Adorable little one. I love the color of her poncho and so much fun jumping in the puddles.

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a cute page! Loving your simple design and the stamp is adorable, I was so pleased that it rained here yesterday too 😊. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs Jo x

kathyinozarks said...

So sweet Chris

My name is Erika. said...

What a sweet image Chris. This is such a lovely page, and you used it wonderfully to make such a great page. I hope all is well. Hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

Very effective way to create splashy images! Cute little kid in the hooded cape, too.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Helen said...

This is just so fun Chris! LOVE the splashes that wonderful little girl is making! Perfect!!! Have a super week! ((HUGS)) Helen

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is so adorable, Such a sweet innocent face as she causes a mess in the rain. It's a fabulous entry for your theme at Art Journal Journey, too.

Meggymay said...

Its an adorable image and page Chris. You are right this would make a fantastic card for someone. I like how you created the rain.
Yvonne xx

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous page!!!

Joan said...

I love that little image Chris ! fab card and sentiment. We have had very little rain here, seems to go all around us, fed up of watering my planters with washing up water !


Joan x

Neet said...

So endearing. I just love those Mabel figures, they take e back a long long time.
I don't think even a straw would have been any more accurate than you got it, those splashes are pretty perfect to me.
A delightful page.
Hugs, Neet xx

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Chris, I love that image. Your 'splashes' are just right and it does look as if she has just jumped in the biggest puddle.
Avril xx