Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 16 February 2021

T Stands For......train, treats and a Wanderlust playtime..

Hi everyone! It's been a slow week and I'm not sure how much closer we are to getting back to 'normal'. 

I did make another journal page for Art Journal Journey - Valerie's theme is 'Heavy Metal' and my thoughts turned to an old locomotive engine - this one reminds me of 'Back To the Future' (we really should watch those again - they were fun)


The shimmer doesn't show on the top pic - I used Seth Apter's Texture powders to emboss the image and then added some Treasure Gold.
I don't know what led me to using these colours but they definitely aren't my usual choices - I am quite pleased with them though.
The stencils and stamps are by Aall and Create and I used Distress inks and a Dina Wakley gloss spray for the colours.

As for the treats...some I am still waiting for, hubby ordered some goodies but there has been a delay in the post - with the EU having a problem letting things go!!!
I'll show you when they get here!

The other treat was a Polish meal cooke by Kasia, one of our duty managers.
She is an accomplished cook and the meals were delivered, to those who ordered them, piping hot!
This was a first course but is a dish normally sold as Street food - Mushrooms and bread roll - delicious!
Next came Pork Schnitzel - there was a lot, but so beautiful tender.
We were quite full after this and there was also a huge slice of baked cheesecake which we saved for later and then forgot to take a photo - but since baked cheesecake is one of my favourite desserts I hope you will forgive me!
The Wanderlust class this week(7) was by Kate Crane (we put Week 6 on hold  - not really feeling it yet!)
Kate's class was brilliant and although I can't give you details it did involve looking through old family photos - which we really enjoyed one evening.
Here is mine
The photos are of my Gran holding my mum and of my Mum fetching in the washing with help from me and my brother.
Here is hubby's
He chose some pics of his cousins.
Once again we really enjoyed ourselves - we may do one of the bonus classes this week.

Now for some sunshine....
...from Summer 2019...Sur le Pont d'Avignon. 
Happy Memories!

Thanks for looking, Chris











19 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful art, thanks so much for joining my heavy metal challenge again! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Mae Travels said...

The Pont D'Avignon is a great memory. I enjoyed it a few years ago when we spent a couple of days there, followed by a week in Arles which was the home base for a birding tour.

be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Eileen Bergen said...

What a wonderful page for Valerie's "Heavy Metal" theme! You did just fine getting out of your color comfort zone.

The Polish meal looks amazing. Your complex is lovely and special in so many ways.

I deliberately skipped week 6 of Wanderlust too. Just not my thing. You guys did two great spreads for week 7. I hope to do week 7 when I get back home. I did watch it and take notes. It was a good one.

"Sur le Pont d'Avignon" ... sigh ...

Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

Kate Yetter said...

Beautiful journal pages. I love that background and locomotive stamp that you used on the first one. We just watched the Back to the Future movies at the end of last year and I forgot how great they were.
Your meal looks delicious!! Sounds like you had leftovers, which is always nice.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, your locomotive page is stunning! The colours and texture look amazing 😀. The polish meal looks delicious too - yum! What fun to complete the workshop with your hubby, both your pages are fabulous. So lovely to see the sunshine too! Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Helen said...

Great journal pages, Chris - both of you!!

My name is Erika. said...

The art is fabulous Chris. The locomotive did really get some wonderful shine. I also like the class pages. Both of yours. It must be fun to have your husband making art too. And your Polish meal looks and sounds delicious. I need to explore some Polish cooking as I have some Polish from my grandmother's family. Hope it was a wonderful T day. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I fell in LOVE with your locomotive, dear Chris. Is there ANY stamp you don't own? It is so different and glittery. It's perfect for your take on Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey. I LOVE how you not only used those embossing powders, but also the heavy metal inferred by the locomotive, too.

You and T did great with your Wanderlust entries. It's amazing how similar, yet how different both were. So glad you are doing this together.

Goodness, your meal was big enough for two meals. I'm not a fan of pork, even when I ate meat. However, I enjoyed seeing how fun it was for the two of you to eat these meals and drink your water, too. Thanks for sharing your art and your meal and water with us for T this Tuesday. It's still Tuesday in my world, but I am sorry it's not in yours, dear friend.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I forgot that it was pancake day. The festivities and pancake race between Olney, England and Liberal, Kansas had to be postponed until 2022, so we will have to wait till next year to see these ladies (and a few men in some years) flip their cakes as they run for the finish line (grin).

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Fantastic artwork and wonderful photos.

craftytrog said...

Beautiful art Chris, and the food looks delicious! xx

DVArtist said...

Hi Chris. Wow you absolutely nailed the challenge. Well done indeed. Great photos too. I love the looks of that meal. Have a great day today.

Joan said...

Fab page Chris, love that train

Joan x

Rita said...

That train really does make me think of Back To The Future now that you mention it and they were great movies for fun!

Hard to be patient waiting for goodies to arrive. We have had people getting Christmas cards in January and February so I hope your mail isn't that bad. Our new guy appointed by Trump (Biden can't just fire) is now talking eliminating first class mail and raising prices. Uffda!

All my old family photos are out in the garage. Too cold to drag them inside. I will have to work with what I have when I get there or maybe it will be warm by then--ROFL! Number 3 is next for me--with the self portrait. Awk! She said you can skip whatever you don't want to do but with my OCD tendencies I will probably try to continue slowly through each one in order and do what I can with them. But if there's something I really don't care for at all--I will skip it, too. ;)

Hope the goodies come soon! :)

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Fantastic old train journal page and the journal pages with family are beautiful with the great background!
You got delicious food and it would be nice to have such wonderful weather again if it were that time again.
Have a good day, hug Elke

nwilliams6 said...

Wow - I love both of your pages - you are both doing so well in the classes. This looks like a great one too - can't go wrong with old photos!

Your food looks fabulous as well. Always love seeing your food adventures. Lovely sunshine picture too!

Great post!

Iris Flavia said...

Great pages and the food... yum!
Lockdown extended here...

Words and Pictures said...

Brilliant pages - love the double take of the two versions of the Wanderlust spread. Both with such lovely colours and wonderful images and memories hovering in the layers.
Alison x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Chris, I knew the second I saw your mark-making it was Kate Crane, lol. You and Hubby both did super pages. And I also like your train page. You must be thinking of BTTF Part 2, the Wild West one. Our daughter who was born in 1988 loved that one best. We finally figured out it was because she would fall asleep easily so she always requested it at Nana's and Papa's house, lol. That schnitzel looks so good! I get a kick out of your hubby pics, he has a good smile. Hope your goodies arrive soon. You don't suspect the EU is just dragging its feet now do you? HAhaha, I do! Ever since our election, our postal service has dragged its feet and my postal lady says they are doing it on purpose. It makes her so mad. Everyone has to politicize everything over here now. Sigh. I'll gladly pay more for postage, the sooner they raise prices, the better shape they'll be in because they bleed money now. They could save a ton by not giving away boxes and packaging for free, for starters. Oh well, no one asks me! haha xoxo