Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 6 February 2021

Gold(ish) page and calendar journal

Hi everyone! I've been busy getting my Crafty Individuals samples sent off and ...having my Covid Vaccination.

I've also been doing another Wanderlust spread with hubby, we finished it this afternoon, too late to photograph!

I made this journal page in two stages to allow paint to dry. I bought some new Dina Wakley stencils the other week so could hardly wait to give them a try when they finally arrived!


I put Distress ink on the page and spritzed it, then used gold paint through the 'Gusts' stencil. One it was dry I added piece of Media collage paper and then used the 'Funky Silhouettes' stencil and mask to make the other two figures.

I added some gold paint marks, and some graphite pencil marks  and a DW tissue quote. 

I'm joining in with Valerie's theme 'Heavy Metal' theme at Art Journal Journey

My calendar journal this month is bright and cheerful.

I added distress ink over the page and gave it a sunny centre.

I coloured and cut quite a lot of Aall and Create Janet Klein figures! I wanted a bird feeder so stamped and cut down the bird cage and drew in some nuts!

Here's January's pages all filled in if you would like to see them.


On Thursday I had my vaccination and the very next day hubby received his invitation so he is booked in for next Tuesday. I'll tell you more on Tuesday for TSFT day

Thanks for looking, Chris   

9 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Congrats on getting your vaccine Chris. And I love your journal page for Valerie's challenge. Those gold streaks illuminate the page, and you used those DW stencils perfectly. I like the quote too. Where does that come from? And cute cute cute February calendar. I love how you used those Janet Klein little people. Hope your weekend is going well. Hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page! Thanks for making it for my challenge. Vaccinations are still not widely available here, let's hope they soon get going! Hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, please tell if there were side-effects, please.
Great quote and page.

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous journal page Chris and I love the quote. The gold paint really adds something special to this page.
February loo9ks as if it's going to be a fun month!
Avril xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

It became a nice journal page with the slogan!
It's great that it's your turn with the vaccination! For me it still takes a while!
I wish you a nice new week, hug Elke

Rita said...

A haunting page spread. Seems perfect for the times.

I LOVE the new monthly calendar with all the girls and the bird feeder (clever).

Glad you will both be vaccinated!! :) :)

craftytrog said...

Glad to hear you've had your first dose of the vaccination Chris, and hubby is booked in too.
Your page is beautiful, and I love those cute characters on your calendar spread.
Wishing you a happy week,
Alison xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous pages! The metallic paint captures the light so beautifully and those little figures on your calendar journal pages are adorable 😀. Wishing you a great new week! Hugs, Jo x

Neet said...

A great journal page Chris - how on earth did you get your husband to join in with painting. I tried and got laughed at after I read about your success (not here and now I cannot remember where).
Love the calendar with the Janet Klein figures - what a lot of fussy cutting you did but how effective it is.
Hugs Neet xx
ps tried to get in touch with you via email via Sarah but not heard from her so she must not have got my mail. You do know about Shaz don't you? It was just to let you know and maybe pass on y email addie if you wanted more information.