Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 2 February 2021

T Stands for.....The Treats and a second look!

Hi everyone!  I had every intention of writing this post this morning...and then....there was a familiar little knock at the door just as we were going to get our lunch!

It was my youngest son and on the doorstep were some flowers and a bag of treats from Marks and Spencers (for those not in the UK  - M and S is a big chain of stores that sell most things from food to clothes to furnishings) I now have two tins of my favourite mixed salted nuts, my favourite cheeses (Cornish Cruncher and Blacksticks Blue) some Marmite based treats (Marmite is a savoury spread) of cheese, pastry twists and buns and some lovely Sourdough bread.

Of course my first reaction was to burst into tears...but not for long! It was so good to see him and have a distanced and cold chat. I forgot to take photos but did remember to take one of the flowers before I put them in a vase! I'll show those when I can take a daylight pic - the day has been very grey and dark by 3.30 today having had daylight until about 4.45 yesterday!

I have stayed in Florence for my Second Look on the 2nd where I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth.  My other Florence post for TIOT is before this one.



This post is from March 2015
----------------------------------------

A few photos

Ah yes! Just a few!!!! We had the most fantastic time - flew to Rome, caught a train to Florence, stayed in a lovely little hotel quite close to the station, saw some fantastic art, great buildings, ate some delicious food and packed quite a lot into the three days we had there! 
This was our view from the bedroom window

I think this view while we were eating at the Uffizi made the food taste better!
We were told this church -S Miniato al Monte was the best in Florence - I have to agree - it was near to Piazalle Michaelangelo across the river with a lot of steps to climb.
We also had this great view......
although this is the one that most people enjoy too
We ate out in some unusual settings - the pizza was great but the decor was amazing

                      ---------------------------

You can see our bottle of water on it's side - hubby had gone back to the service counter to fetch glasses. 
Thanks for looking, Chris

15 comments:

Mae Travels said...

Wouldn’t we all love to be there now! Though I guess it’s a pretty deserted place at the moment, in fact as all of the Italian tourist places. So sad.
Thanks for reminding me of such a beautiful place.

be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Helen said...

how lovely of your son! enjoy your treats, and the flowers are gorgeous

Let's Art Journal said...

Oh my, what a lovely and thoughtful suprise! I bet you were so pleased to see your son and I think I would have burst into tears too ❤️. Your flowers look so beautiful and all those food goodies sound so delicious - enjoy! Happy February and T Day! Hugs, Jo x

Karen said...

Hooray to our wonderful offspring who surprise us with gifts and Love ~ How wonderful for you :) Thank you for taking me on a trip ~ I have never been to Florence. Thank goodness for the internet so we can see the world still! Enjoy your week ~

kathyinozarks said...

what an awesome surprise from your son-so wonderful of him to do that for you guy. Lovely flowers too-enjoyed the second look as well Happy rest of the week Kathy

My name is Erika. said...

Wow Chris. That was a wonderful surprise from your son. You had a nice day for sure. And what is the appeal of marmite? In all my years of teaching I had many students from all over the place, and one boy brought me some marmite from a trip back to visit family in England. I guess it is an acquired taste-smile. Love the repost from Florence. We took the train up from Rome where we were staying for a day trip. So it was great to see some views we never got to see in our short visit. Hopefully I'll get back someday, and for now I love seeing the photos. Hope it was a nice T day and Feb 2 also. Hugs-Erika

Neet said...

How wonderful to have a son like yours. Can well understand the tears, I would have been the same. What a lot of thought went into the gifts and how lovely to be able to savour them in the days to come.
Never been to Florence so I enjoyed that trip through your eyes.
Hugs, Neet xx

Valerie-Jael said...

How lovely of your son to come round with such wonderful gifts, enjoy. Thanks for sharing the photos, too. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

Flowers and edible goodies :) What a thoughtful gift, and wasn't it sweet to have an in-person visit -even if cold and distanced.

Happy T Day!

CJ Kennedy said...

So sweet of your son to drop by with flowers and goodies. The trip to Florence looks fantastic. Maybe some day. The Eldest traveled to Florence during her last year at uni. I just remember her saying Michelangelo's David was more impressive from behind 😺 Happy T Day

Rita said...

What a touching surprise!! That even made my day--LOL! ;)

Lisca said...

That was a lovely surprise from your son. I think I would have cried too. Beautiful flowers and some choice goodies too. Just the things that you like, that's what makes it so special.
I enjoyed seeing a bit of Florence. I was there for a day, many years ago on a day trip from where we lived. The girls I worked with were going on a pilgrimage to see some saint or other. When we arrived at the sanctuary, I said bye bye, I'll go and explore Florence on my own and I spent the whole day wandering around. Beautiful!
Happy belated T-Day,
Stay safe,
Hugs,
Lisca

Linda Kunsman said...

what a wonderful surprise from your son!! I'm sure it lifted your spirits tremendously.
And Florence....another city I adore. Thanks for sharing and a belated happy T day!

Iris Flavia said...

So nice of your son - to hugs soon again! And beautiful pics of when we still could roam around in freedom!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I’m so sorry that I’m late visiting. I felt better on Tuesday than I do today. I can only sit and read for so long, then get a headache and have to stop.

Your son is SO thoughtful. I can see why you would start to cry. Treats and flowers are wonderful gifts.

I LOVE seeing your trip to Florence for a second look. That church was so beautiful and really unique. I am SO glad you showed it again. Thanks ever so much for sharing this with us for T this week, and as your Second on the 2nd, too.

Now I'm off to see what else I've missed.