Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 1 February 2021

Heavy Metal???

So, where am I? Well if you are here at 6.00am UK time I am in bed - this is a scheduled post!

I am also enjoying a first entry for Valerie's 'Heavy Metal' theme at Art Journal Journey because...I'm back in Paris with one of the most spectacular and iconic metal structures...the Eiffel Tower!


I 'found' my Twinkling H2os tucked away with some other bits and pieces and decided that I would use them as a background - I spritzed them with water to get a mottled effect and then added ink through some sequin waste and stencils I also added some stamps using some Crafty Individuals stamps. The Eiffel Tower is also a Crafty Individuals stamp and here I confess to a stamping accident caused by a dirty acrylic block - the stamp fell off and mis-stamped so I got some paper and re-stamped it (with a clean block!) and tore it out! I coloured it with some gold water colour paint.

I used a Paper Artsy stamp set by Alison Bomber (of Words and Pictures blog) and one from the set that use often but can't remember whose it is!

I mentioned yesterday that we may not get to Paris in April but if we do I shall still delight in the fact that the Eiffel Tower can be seen from so many places and I love it when we look down a road and the tower is framed by the buildings on either side.

We are being patient, we know that one day we will be able to travel safely again, meanwhile we are keeping busy!

I hope that you can find time to join us at Art Journal Journey - there's plenty of scope again! 

Thanks for looking, Chris

11 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a great take on Valerie's theme. Yes, it is the ultimate metal, but I certainly didn't think about it until I read your post. I also like that you used the Twinkling H2Os, too. It reminds me I should get mine out for this month. This is a fabulous first entry and very inspiring for Valerie's theme.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful Page and so suitable for heavy metal, great Idea! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Love your work!
Yes, I hope we can travel in the near future again...

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Wonderful page with Paris Eiffel Tower on the theme !!!
Have a good day, hugs Elke

nwilliams6 said...

Perfect choices for heavy metal - I am sure that the tower weighs a ton. Love your background and how awesome you used some of Alison's words.

I agree with your words and feel like hubby and I maybe should take a drive today - just to get out out the house and have a change of pace. I have a mountain trip scheduled in 2 weeks with 7 friends/family - we are all quarantining until then to protect my aunt (crafting retreat) - I cant wait.

Lovely post, Chris. Hugz

Meggymay said...

Sorry its been so long since I last called in here, I have been looking and reading your posts and seeing your art. It looks like you both are enjoying the art course.
Its a great journal spread and a fantastic take on Valerie's theme, I thought the Eifel Tower would appear in your journal pages, I hope you will be able to get there sometime this year.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

The Eiffel Tower is an amazing metal structure. I still find it hard to believe it was so unpopular at first. And the view from on it is amazing. This is a super start to the new challenge and new month. Oh, I am so ready to go someplace new, but you more so being in lockdown. I at least can drive out for a walk. Love the latest page Chris. Happy new month. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Twinkling H2Os! I have some of those someplace, too.
I hope you get to travel to Paris as soon as it's possible. You do miss it so. :)

Karen said...

Looking forward to future travels as well. The Eiffel Tower is definitely a good example of heavy metal:) Terrific page ~ Enjoy your week!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fabulous way to capture heavy metal on your page, the Eiffel Tower is magnifique! Loving the colourful background and wording too - perfect! How lovely it would be to visit Paris and see the Eiffel Tower again, I think I'm now inspired to look at my photos and reminisce 😁. Wishing you a Happy February and lovely new week! Hugs, Jo x

craftytrog said...

Wonderful page Chris! xx