Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 13 February 2021

Not so heavy metal

 Hi everyone. I have finally found time to finish a journal page - I still have several in a half-ish finished states.

This one uses several Aall and Create Stencils as a background.

I used some of my gorgeous Stamperia papers - it's no use just stroking them is it? I partially cut out the butterfly so it overlapped onto the  dummy.

The background stamp of a dress pattern are by Tracy Evans

The sewing related stamps are by Bipasha for Aall and Create and I heat embossed them with some Wow powders.

When I spotted the word on the papers it made me think that maybe the young lady ( a TH photo booth pic) had gone from sewing clothes for herself to having her own successful design business so I added some of my Tim Holtz words from a new stamp set - Tiny Text.

I'm joining in at Art Journal Journey and Valerie's 'Heavy Metal' theme. 

I hope to be back fairly soon!

Thanks for looking, Chris





7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page Chris, love the gold embossed scissors and machine. I know how hard it is to use beautiful paper! Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for making this for my heavy metal challenge! Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

This is a beautiful page Chris. You are right, not so heavy metal. I had to laugh when you mentioned stroking papers. Those Stamperia pads are really too beautiful to use, but what else is paper for? It is tough to rip a page out of pad. Glad you shared this with us. Have a great weekend! Hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris this is really a special journal page-I love it-great stamps too, and yes we need to use our favorite papers. I did that with some of my first hand dyed fabrics-they were so gorgeous I didn't have the heart to cut into them-I finally did start adding some to quilts. Stay warm and safe we are frigid cold here with negative temps-steam coming off the lake brrrr Hugs Kathy

craftytrog said...

Beautiful!!! xx

Rita said...

I like the story you imagined for her. Pretty page. :)

DVArtist said...

Wow Chris, this is gorgeous. As soon as I saw it I said out loud, "Ohhh this is gorgeous." Have a very nice evening.

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, I love this page! The design is stunning and gold EP look so amazing 😁. Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x