Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 18 February 2021

It's Paris again!

 I have another page for Valerie's 'Heavy Metal' theme at Art Journal Journey and I'm not going to apologise for making another Paris page...there may be more....

I decided to use some metallic powders for the background and as they look so good on black it is in my large black journal.


I used some distress Oxide inks through an Aallandcreate stencil by Autour de Mwa. I used some ephemera to make a little collage - the metal represented here by the Eiffel Tower, the tram and the Wallace fountain and I merged two Dina Wakley stencils - fussy cut using some gold foil paper.

I have had this sentiment for a while, not sure where from!

Here are some close ups of the shimmer!



Aah! When will I be able to visit Paris again?

Thanks for looking, Chris

10 comments:

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Wonderful pages with the longing desire to go to Paris, I can understand that so well!
I hug you dear Elke

My name is Erika. said...

The metallics look great on the back paper Chris. And no apologies for Paris pages needed. It is fun to armchair travel since we're not going anyplace else. I love the mini collage with your tickets and those images. It's perfect for Valerie's challenge! Have a great end of the week. Hugs-Erika

nwilliams6 said...

YOu are so right - the metallic paint looks fab on the black background. Love your stencils and technique and the collage is fabulous. This has a great travel and adventure yet romantic feel! So pretty, Chris. Hugz

Rita said...

Looks like Paris at night, I guess--LOL! The metallic is great on dark paper--wow! :)

craftytrog said...

A wonderful page Chris! I love that metallic shimmer!
Alison xx

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Chris, Oxide and metallics look so good on black. Reminds me of a beautiful night sky.
Avril xx
p.s. sentiment is an old CB

Iris Flavia said...

Great work. Yes, we should be in Perth right now....

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow Chris, it's ONLY Sunday and I'm finally getting around to visiting you. Yes, I'm that far behind!! Your latest beauty for Valerie's theme is incredible. I think those colors go so well on that black background. Of course, I know how much you love Paris, and I hope you get to go soon, dear.

Mia said...

Hi Chris,
I accidentally deleted your lovely comment on my blog. Hope you will leave your comment again.
I love your Paris page. Using metallic powders on a black page is a great idea! Hugs, my friend.

Words and Pictures said...

Great to see this page in a larger version! that misty effect is really magical combined with the shimmering gold. Lovely!
Alison x