Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 5 January 2021

T Stands for......Twelfth Night ....

Hi everyone! I am still enjoying having my Christmas decorations and tree around! They will come down on Wednesday - Epiphany/Twelfth Night as usual here. All of the lights in the gardens are gone and I think most folk, having put them up early have taken them down already!        Ours didn't get fully done until around the 11th December so I am happy to have them lit for a few more days!

finished my calendar journal pages for December but couldn't find a new book to start 2021 in! Up to now that have had black covers, but I am starting with one that has a kraft cover (I know that I will find a black one soon, but they are all Daler Rowney A4 Sketchbooks so it doesn't really matter.

Here is January ready to be filled in(actually is filled in so far) I used part of a Studio Light Christmas stamp and some punched snowflakes.

Here is December all filled in if you want to take a look! 

Apart from this and a sample for a new Try It On Tuesday challenge (here) that started this morning I haven't done much crafting! I have cleared a lot out of the way in my craft room and have used up a few scraps in a junk journal and I have a pile of lovely new Crafty Individuals stamps to play with now I have more desk space! 

We are now in Lock Down again in the UK - with suggestions that we stay at home unless going out for exercise! We may do what we did on Saturday and go out early again.
We didn't meet many folk at all - joggers mainly - and were able to keep our distance!
We walked by road to the newsagents and picked up a newspaper then back by the river!
We had a lovely view of the rising sun through the clouds
No chance of anyone reading this though
There was a man where the heron usually stands, not sure whether he was fishing though!!
The weir was calmer than last week
My hubby said this looked like a body, but it was some washed up tarpaulin...that did look like a body!!!
The playground was empty


It was good to see the island again....
...and some blue sky by the church

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth of The Altered Book Lover for T Stands For Tuesday...
..with a mug of caramel latte - we've started to have 'posh'coffees mid afternoon while the weather is cold.
I hope that the vaccination programme rolls out as fast as they are saying it should - we are patiently waiting for the call!

Thanks for looking, Chris

15 comments:

Karen said...

Posh coffee sounds yummy for an afternoon pick me up. The photos looks sooooo cold brrrr ~ Great new start with your Jan journal pages too. Happy New Year!

Linda Kunsman said...

Hear about your lockdown again-ugh:(
So nice that you were able to get out for a lovely walk again with only few people about.
I used to love a posh coffee mid afternoon in the winter months but now I just have an herbal tea mostly because I can't have the caffeine after my 1-2 morning cups, and I just can't do the decafe coffee;)
Happy New Year and a happy T Day too!

kathyinozarks said...

So sorry another lockdown-sigh but good that you get out for a walk-the photos are all so lovely. and your coffee so sounds delicious-I nice positive perk up. Happy T wishes Kathy

Divers and Sundry said...

"Posh coffee" :) I like the sound of that. We leave our decorations up through Epiphany, too. Happy T Tuesday!

Mae Travels said...

Your walking route is really beautiful. I'm getting sick of the streets near my house -- we are quite urban, and pretty solid houses, no countryside. Our lockdown was never legally in effect, but prudent people never really started going out at all. So we are also waiting for vaccine. My neighbors have had it -- both physicians. But it's not clear when others will get it.

have a good New Year in 2021, better than 2020!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I normally take my Christmas decorations down the day after Christmas, but I am leaving them through Epiphany this year.

Your calendar page for January is so beautiful. You always put mine to shame. I love how you do yours. I always love reading about your life, too. It is always filled with places and things, while mine is SO boring. I love it. When I read about your life I realize how strangely uneventful mine is.

The walk you took looks cold. Was that frost? Yes, that did look like a body. Simply amazing and quite funny, too.

I love how you called your caramel latte a "Posh Coffee." How special. Thanks for sharing your calendar pages, your walk, and your posh coffee with us for T this Tuesday, dear friend. I'm off to see your TioT entry next.

My name is Erika. said...

We took our Christmas decorations down last weekend. I hate doing it, but once they are down I feel like I can move into the new year. When they are up, it is still the holidays. Our went up early anyhow, but I do enjoy all the extra light and glitter in these short days. Your exercise photos are beautiful. It looks really cold and frosty. I hope the lockdown helps bring down the covid numbers and keeps more people safe. I hope you had a happy T day too. Hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful calendars and great photos, it looks so peaceful! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Brrrrr, looks very cold. I had to laugh at the tarp looking like a body picture. Made me think of Midsomer Murders! After walking in the cold a posh beverage sounds good. Happy T Day

Rita said...

Love the trees on your calendar. Sp perfect for January, too.
Early morning walks where you don't run into anybody seem the savfest. Nice way to greet the day. Except if that had been a body--LOL! :)

DVArtist said...

Wow those photos are amazing. You calendar page is so nice. Well done. We should be on lock down butttt, it is the US so each person for themselves. Have a very nice day.

Isabel para ALROMASAR said...

I'm removing the decorations today ... it's a bit sad to say goodbye to them until next year.
Nice pages and beautiful images of the cold winter landscape
Hugs from Spain

sheila 77 said...

Your walk looks beautifully frosty and calm, how marvellous to have it near you.
We always take down out lights and decorations at the end of the 5th although I did suggest keeping them up for the rest of the this year (but I do that every year!).
Happy New Year, Chris, happy art-making.

Eileen Bergen said...

We still have our Christmas decorations up too. I wanted them up for a small gathering this Saturday. Unfortunately, we had to cancel the get together for health reasons and the decorations will stay up until I'm well enough to take them down. Oh well ...

Your calendar pages are lovely. Good for you for finding ways to still get some outdoor exercise. I admire your dedication!

Wishing you the best in 2021 and a Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

Helen said...

What beautiful photos! I am missing Kew, (it is open but it's not close enough for "travel short distances for exercise" so I am staying home at weekends. Glad to see from the next post, that your surgery has the vaccine and you are waiting a call!!