Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 19 January 2021

T Stands For.........the art session

 Hi everyone!I hope you are all okay. There's not a lot going on around here, or I suppose anywhere else for that matter. January is like that and this January even more so! 

I started the Wanderlust classes a couple of weeks ago and as I was watching last weeks class, Garden of Wishes by Laly Mille, hubby came along and looked interested so I suggested that we do a lesson together!

We did it over two afternoons mainly.

We laughed a lot, made a bit of a mess with finger painting and both ended up with something we were quite happy with.

My finished pages... 
...and the original collage. I won't go into details as that wouldn't be fair but I did change a few things to suit myself.

Hubby did his pages this way..


He wasn't too happy to cover up his collage but I still think it looks pretty good. Does any one else see a Picasso like face bottom right?

We're looking forward to sharing more of these classes.

I'd like to enter them at Art Journal Journey and Erika's 'Favourite Things' theme - I think you all know that gardens are our favourite things!

Now to my poor Poinsettia, having dropped lots of leaves since we bought it at the beginning of December it is now producing more leaves!!!

My Christmas Cactus that I first showed you here at the beginning of December ...
...is now looking absolutely beautiful and still has more buds on it - it's younger companion is looking good too!
I also have this basket which has new growth in it too..
...I think I drowned the Kalanchoe last year but over the year it sprouted new leaves, has become bigger and filled in the gap again.
For my ticket to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's T Stands For Tuesday at The Altered Book Lover I have a treat hubby prepared just this morning while I was in my craft room.
As I wandered through to the kitchen with my phone in my hand I was able to grab a quick photo.
Buttered crumpet (sometimes known as pikelet) and hot chocolate for a mid morning treat - perfect for a rainy day!

We finished the puzzle we started before Christmas...

Two photos as the shine is in different places!
We've started another now - it's difficult with its of brown furred animals!!!

Finally  couple of photos of one of my favourite garden walks in Paris - the Promenade Plantée! A sunny day in June 2015


I am waiting to find if I will get my Covid jab soon - they have moved on to the over 70's!

Thanks for looking, Chris









19 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

I love how you and your husband both made a page. It is so fun seeing both and what a great thing to do together. And a great way to pass a couple of days. Thanks for sharing with us at AJJ. Much appreciated. Your puzzle is also fun, and wow, that Christmas cactus looks gorgeous. Mine didn't bloom at all this year but perhaps they didn't get enough sun to start the process. I enjoyed the sunny June Paris photos. Hopefully at some point this year we can hit the road again. That would be nice, wouldn't it? Hope it was a wonderful T day. Hugs-Erika

Helen said...

Great pages from both of you - I immediately saw the face and thought it was intentional! I don't much like finger painting though myself - but love your results.

your Christmas cactus is looking beautiful!

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris, this is so awesome that your husband enjoyed doing the art lesson as well. they are both beautiful pieces I love them both. very special time together.
sometimes I think poinsettas come out of the greenhouses and are not acclimated for homes and that's why they drop all their leaves. Your christmas cactus is gorgeous! enjoyed the revisit to Paris.
Happy T Kathy

CJ Kennedy said...

How fun for you and your hubby to do an art project together. Maybe the poinsettia just needed some time to acclimate and now it's ready to fill out. The Christmas cactus are gorgeous. I don't think I've seen one with such a delicate color. Sweet of your hubby to make a delicious snack for you, too. Happy T Day

Linda Kunsman said...

awe, I love that you and hubby created art pages together-and they are both brilliant looking!!(yay hubby- you need to do this again:):)
I do see that Picasso face as well;)
Your plants are flourishing beautifully. They must like where you have them and how you're feeding them. I have NO luck with indoor plants or flowers.
Haven't had a crumpet in ages so it's making me hungry as I haven't made dinner yet!
That is some puzzle, and not one I'd have the patience for.
Always a pleasure to see your garden photos- anywhere they are from. Happy T day!

Mae Travels said...

It's great to see your house plants gaining leaves and blooming. I'm sad that I killed my poinsettia so quickly!

be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

DVArtist said...

I enjoyed this post so much. Great art, wonderful plants and crumpets and hot chocolate. Yay the puzzle is done. Have a great evening.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

It's great that the two of you were so creative. It turned out beautiful collages, whether of you or your husband he can be proud of himself. The puzzle is interesting and beautiful and you have a lot of fun with the next patience. The Christmas cactus blooms so pretty with you, cosiness is something nice.
Nice the photos of your walk through this special garden in Paris.
I wish you two all the best, hugs Elke

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the fun art you both made! My poinsettia is losing its leAves, too! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous pages and such fun to create with your hubby too, I love that! Both your creations are gorgeous and I loved the Picasso face too 😀. The Christmas cactus is so beautiful, the pale pink flowers look so delicate. Wow, that jigsaw looks amazing too, I would love to complete it - such fun! Paris is always a lovely place to visit, I bet you've been missing your trips! Happy T Day wishes and have a lovely week! Hugs, Jo x

Marjut said...

So so beautiful page!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So glad you are loving that Wanderlust class. i see several people I visit are doing the lessons, too. It's good both you and T created these pages. I love his snowy owl. Thanks to both of you for sharing these garden inspired pages with us at Art Journal Journey using Erika's theme.

Your poinsettia looks so much better than mine. It's too cold in my house and I think that's why mine is dying. I wish you luck with yours.

Your hot chocolate and crumpet look wonderful.

Glad you finished your puzzle and I know how much you want to go to Paris again. I hope you get your shots soon so you can go in the future.

Thanks for sharing your art, your completed puzzle, your incredible house plants, and your hot chocolate and crumpet with us for T this Tuesday, dear Chris. Sorry I am late visiting.

Rita said...

Oh, that is so exciting that the hubby played with mixed media with you! He might get hooked--LOL! I am behind you guys. I haven't even finished the first class yet--LOL! But then I will e moving on to this one. Such fun to see what you have done--and the hubs.

Your plants seem to be really taking off. The poinsettia is even coming back to life. Whoohoo!!

That puzzle looks mega difficult--wow! After all that work I'd hate to take it apart.

Have a great day you two! :)

craftytrog said...

Beautiful art from you both! I see the face :-)
Alison xox

Aimeslee Winans said...

Wow, a 2-artist family! Good work from you both! Nice snack too, over here we call those English Muffins. I'm chuckling that y'all do NOT????? Good luck with your jab. I may never be able to get it, my arthritis's put me in a grey zone for now. Enjoy! xoxo

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, lucky you having your Hubby joining this again! And the outcome is great - as are your plants.

Eileen Bergen said...

I love both versions of Laly's lesson. I also saw the Picasso face. It's so nice to have so many common interests with your hubby. I love the puzzle - wow! Your Christmas cactus is gorgeous! Lovely photos from Paris. Ah, for the good old days before COVID.

Belated Happy T-day! Stay safe and well. Hugs, Eileen

nwilliams6 said...

I am so jealous your hubby did this lesson with you and did a page! Wow. He did a great job and so did you. Lovely and makes me want to go try too. Awesome. Love all your pictures of your plants, that fun puzzle and the Paris walks. Very fun post! Hugz

Neet said...

Had my jab a week or so ago - fine, no effects.
How lovely that you did the lesson together - I cannot see Chas doing a painting lesson with me or anyone for that matter. You both did a good job of it and yes, I can see the Picasso face, in fact `I noticed it before I read your comment. Great jigsaw skills from you both too.
Lovely photos - makes me long to go abroad.
Hugs, Neet xx