Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 19 January 2021

Winter Blues

Hi everyone, not much blue around here but lots of grey! 

However, Try It On Tuesday's new theme is Winter Blues and there are lots of ways it can be interpreted!                                  Please do take a look at the Design Team's inspiration here!

I decided on a card for a Winter birthday coming up soon.

This coneflower stamp by Crafty Individuals beautiful whatever colour it is. I stamped the CI background using Speckled Egg Distress Oxide ink and added some text stamping on top.

The cone flower, one of Sharon Bates's designs was stamped with Versafineclair ink and clear embossed before colouring with Inktense pencils and a water brush.

I had to search for a backing paper I was happy with and all I added then was a sentiment circle that I have had for ages inked around the edge.

As usual our theme runs for two weeks and we look forward to seeing your own Winter Blues - any kind of crafting is acceptable as long as it fits our theme.

Thanks for looking, Chris  

13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful card, lovely colours. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Isabel para ALROMASAR said...

Beautiful card in blue tones, Chris.
Have a nice and safe week
Hugs from Spain

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Chris , I do like that flower, looks fabulous in blue.
Avril xx

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW absolutely stunning, I love your card. The coneflower is so beautiful ... great design and colours.

Greetings from Germany
Anke

Helen said...

LOVE that coneflower! Your card is just beautiful Chris! Have a super week! ((HUGS)) Helen

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful card and perfect for a winter birthday! The cornflower stamp looks amazing - I love it 😁. Take care and wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

My name is Erika. said...

Lots of grey skies here too Chris. Like you, seeing all the blue is wonderful. I love how you made your card. The blue flower has enough variations in it to really make me look at it for awhile. Beautiful work. hugs-Erika

Joan said...

Beautiful, love that stamp and your colour choice


Joan

Rita said...

That is a truly beautiful birthday card...and fits the winter blues, too. :)

Marjut said...

Lovely flower card!
Have a nice week.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

There's lots of grey here too today Chris, so your beautiful card has just cheered my up, thank you. It's beautifully CAS and the spotty card around the edges looks great x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a stunning card, Chris. I absolutely love it. That coneflower turned out great.

lichazul said...

Beautiful and delicate card💐😊👏👏👏 congrats, happy weekend