Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 24 January 2021

Journal time at last!

Hi everyone, you will know that this week has not been without drama if you have seen my Instagram posts! 

For those that haven't, I will tell the full tale of our evacuation from our flat for my Tea Stands For Tuesday post! All is well and there were no lasting effects(unless you count the fact that since then I haven't slept too well!)

This morning hubby and I did our Wanderlust class together - much laughing involved - no photos yet so I guess that I will show those on Tuesday too!

I have been in my craft room since then - making Crafty Individuals samples - but today was for art journalling - my favourite thing to do!


A page with no stamping! I had some paint mop up on the page so used an Aall and Create stencil 'Superbly Square' with some Paper Artsy Fresco paints (Limelight and Inky Pool)

I wanted to use more from my Dina Wakley collage media books but in the end only used this image along with some of my scraps. I also used the stencil to add some sparkly ink squares, and a Posca white pen to add more squares and some spatters. I added more marks with the sparkly pen and drew lines with a pitt pen around the image. Finally I added two quotes using Dina's tissue words.

I am entering at:-

Art Journal Journey and Erika's 'Favourite Things' theme

Country View Challenge January 21 - Squares

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Make Your Own Backgrounds

Thanks for looking, Chris

13 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Chris, love the colors, squares, DW image, and the wise words. Hope you can get some sleep. Still jealous your hubby creates with you. I asked mine if he would - he said no. I chatted with him about yours, he said maybe.... so I am keeping my hopes up. LOL. Hugz

My name is Erika. said...

I am shocked, no stamping. Just teasing Chris. I do love the squares. The color and size of the squares combination works great. That looks like a super stencil. I also like the little map piece with England. Did you get snow? I'll be waiting for your stories at T. That evacuation sounds a bit scary. Hope all is well since. Thanks for the page at AJJ too. Much appreciated Chris. Hugs-Erika

Helen said...

I don't do instagram (did sign up for an account but don't use is) so I hope all is ok.... look forward to the tale! I do like this page though. Take care

Isabel para ALROMASAR said...

This page os beautiful!
Hugs from Spain

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Chris can't wait to hear the story. What a lovely page. Those are cool colors and such a real message there. XOX

Rita said...

I don't have Instagram so I'll be waiting to hear the story!

So cool that you and hubby are doing some Wanderlust classes together! I just finished the first class. I am very slow, but I keep moving along. ;)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's hard to believe you didn't use a single stamp on this page. It is fabulous. I especially like the background. Thanks for another great entry for Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey, dear friend.

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous page! Loving the map paper that you added and all those squares - gorgeous 😁. Hope you have a better week with no evacuations. Take care! Hugs, Jo x

Corrie Herriman said...

Love this ! Thank you so much for your contribution to our January 'Squares' Challenge over at Country View Challenges!
Corrie x

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous page Chris! I love the colours and that stencilled background!
Hope you're keeping warm up there.
Alison xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

What a wonderful journal page it is, I love the way it is!
I'm curious what you had to experience again!
Have a good day, hugs Elke

Neet said...

Not being au fait with Instagram I have no idea what the drama was but I wonder if it was something to do with the weather and a lot of rain. Funnily enough, without knowing, I did comment to my other half when the news was on and the dreadful floods were being shown that I hoped "Chris was safe". So I may be right - I need to check up.
Anyway, love your page, I just use those shape stencils all the time from Abs - they are so easy to use in different ways and all work so well. I have some Dina faces on stamps and do like them but must admit to not having used them much - maybe a different type of journaling will get me using things.
Hugs, Neet xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Many congratulations on being one of our Top 3 over at Country View Challenges for our Squares challenge with your wonderful page! Hugs, Jo x