Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 8 January 2021

Paint Fun!

 Hi everybody! I decided in December that as we were likely to be indoors for quite a lot of the beginning of 2021 I would sign up for the weekly classes at Wanderlust.

The first week was a lesson by Kasia Avery (her baby was born on Monday)and involved some very free pencil marking, paint, stencils, gesso and some journaling of our feelings! 

For the main image it was suggested to use a black and white image...I hovered between a stamped image or one from a magazine and this girl gazing into the distance seemed to fit the theme - Reflections

I had lots of mop up paint so decided to carry on and make another journal page


 This time I used the same process but chose an Aall and Create favourite which I painted with blue water colour and then used some bits of one of their funky die cuts. Added some doodly bits and a Tim Holtz sticker quote, reflecting on the mess we are in! 

I can remind you here that Try It On Tuesday's new theme is 'Use an up lifting or positive quote' I think we have to believe that whenever it is we will beat Covid!

I am joining in at..

Art Journal Journey and Erika's theme'Favourite Things'

More Mixed Media Challenge - Anything Goes with optional colour Blue

We had a message yesterday to say that our surgery has the vaccine and they will be contacting us soon! Yay!!

Thanks for looking, Chris


8 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

These are both gorgeous Chris. Your painted and stamped backgrounds are amazing, and the blue is beautiful. I've signed up for Creative Jumpstart for the same reason, I am home and inside so much. It is good to get some inspiration and new ideas, isn't it? This is great for AJJ. Glad you joined us with these. Have a super weekend. Hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful pieces, love the colours. Good to get some new inspiration! And thanks for joining us at MMM challenge, much appreciated!

kathyinozarks said...

Your pages are beautiful Chris! I really love them great textures and colors.

Rita said...

You are farther than I am. I got sucked down the news hole this week for sure. I'm hoping to get back to my journals this weekend. :)
Lovely pages. She has a perfect expression for Reflections.

sirkkis said...

I love both of your absolutely beautiful pages. I like the style you used the photos with the fabulous background wivh you created.
Happy weekend xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What fabulous pages, Chris. You are SO lucky to get that Wanderlust deal this year. Too pricey for me, but absolutely perfect because I can see what you create each week. Both of these are great and fit Erika's theme perfectly at Art Journal Journey.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

These are beautiful pages and with the background and color!
Great selected !!!
Take care and have a good start to the week, hugs Elke

craftytrog said...

These are both beautiful pages Chris! I love those icy blues.
Alison xox