Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 1 January 2021

Favourites!

Hi everyone and Happy New Year, and let's hope it brings bit more cheer than last year did!

There's a new host at Art Journal Journey and that means a new topic! 

Erika has chosen 'Favourite Things' as the theme this month and I'm looking forward to getting going.

I think a lot of you know that I love visiting gardens.

One of the things I love most about gardens is listening to the birds and indeed watching them


  I started my page by picking up blue, turquoise and green paint on a brayer. I brayered the top half of the page then flipped my journal and brayered the bottom half using a little less paint and pressure.

I used some tubes on my desk to stamp on some painty circles, picking up pink from the heart cut from some Dina Wakley media collage paper. I stamped some text randomly and added some white pen marks, pink paint marks, some hearts just cut freehand from some gelli printed paper. I also used some deli printed paper to stamp the Dina birds and stuck them onto stamped versions of the birds. I used the leftover bits of paper to cut circles and more hearts and added some of Tracy Evans's Aall and Create washi tape.

Finally I added some paper ground for the birds and the quote from the Scribbly Bird stamp set.

I hope that with the days getting longer and hopefully some bright frosty days that I will feel more like crafting than I did in December!

Looking forward to seeing your Favourite Things.

Thanks for looking, Chris


  


8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Gardens and birds. I can tell they are some of your favorite things. This is a stunning first entry for Erika's theme. I really like how you created the background and the birds are so lovely, too. Like you, I'm hopeful 2021 is a better year.

craftytrog said...

Lovely page Chris! Some of my favourite things too.
Alison xx

nwilliams6 said...

Chris,

Lovely page with gardens, birds, and happy colors. Visiting gardens and bird watching/listening is so peaceful and your pictures are always a delight. Thanks for sharing all this. Happy New Year - hoping it can meet some of our dreams for it. Hugz

My name is Erika. said...

I'm with you about gardens and birds Chris. This is such a warm and optimistic page to start the new year! I love the hearts and the brayered colors. Happy New Year to you. I hope yours starts off in a good way! Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

I love the birds, too! And squirrels, chipmunks, ground squirrels...any critters at all--hehe!
Happy new year, Chris!! :)

Let's Art Journal said...

What a beautiful page! The colours and birds make me so happy, it's a gorgeous design with all the layers and hearts 😀. All the very best for 2021, let's hope it's a better year for everyone - Happy New Year! Hugs, Jo x

Isabel para ALROMASAR said...

Lovely Page, Chris!
Hugs from Spain

nanskidrewski said...

Beautiful page. I love gardens, but with them dormant here, I am enjoying the birds. I don’t know if it because there is less traffic, but I definitely see more birds about. Let’s hope for a gentle winter. Happy little Christmas.