Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 1 October 2019

T stands for Time out....

It very nearly was total 'Time out' as it got later and later and I was away from the computer.

I will continue with our travels in France in the hope that you are not getting bored by it!

When we visit our friends (my ex SIL and hubby)we spend a lot of time talking and eating as well as being treated to being driven around their area near Poiters.

On our first day there I didn't take any photos at all but on the next day we headed off to Gourge.

We had hoped to visit the small church near the crucifix but it was closed

We headed to St Hilaire in the village square.






There was a brilliant display by local photographers of all that can be found in the village and surrounds - the light was only good enough to capture these.
 The original main entrance was no longer in use!
The bar and a restaurant were next door to the church



This isn't a very good photo but the barriers were to be put out at 4.00pm for an evening cinema. We were still there at 4.15 and wondered if it had been cancelled - it really was hot!
On the way into Gourges we had spotted this bridge so we stopped for a better look - from the car window.
A few weeks ago I read an article (but can't remember where), that said Gourge was worth a visit - I couldn't remember the name but wrote it down - it was only when I was preparing this post that I realised we had already been...and yes, it is a lovely place to visit!


The next day was Sunday - Vide Grenier day - we visited one before lunch.
It was quite a large one but nothing for me and SIL bought some plant pots.
 I did spot these lovely poppies though
It was time to head to one of our favourite restaurants - L'Auberge de la Cour d'Henon - the food there is always excellent and a lovely atmosphere.It has changed a lot since our first visit when it was quite dark and old fashioned, although the food has always been good with the same owners.
Of course my drink related photo for Bleubeard and Elizabeth and T Stands for Tuesday... 


...is just a photo of hubby and my dessert and as you can see we had water to drink
I hope that this week I can get things right on my phone for visiting(I though I had but clearly not all the time), although I am home for a while so will probably get on the computer - I have had enough to test me for one week!

Thanks for looking, Chris 

18 comments:

Divers and Sundry said...

Bored by travels in France? roflol! Never! Enjoying every second of my virtual journey :) Such delightful settings :) and I'm always fascinated by places that have such long histories. Happy T Tuesday!

kathyinozarks said...

I will never get bored of your posts about France or any of your travels. I know in my life time I will never get to see these places you share so please share away! Loved the bridge-Happy T hugs Kathy

My name is Erika. said...

Who could get tired of these photos? You had a fabulous trip. I love the poppies photo. What is it about poppies. And that strawberry dessert was delicious, I bet. Hope it was a wonderful T Day Chris. Hugs-Erika

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great photos. I'll never get bored with seeing them. France is another country I would love to visit, but I doubt I'll ever be able to, so seeing it vicariously is nice. I love the church architecture. And that bridge is fantastic looking. Happy T-Day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I always love your travel photos, so I'll never be bored, either. I know how much you love churches, so was sorry to read that one was closed. At least you got to see the crucifix, which was inspiring.

I enlarged the photos of the photography, only to learn everything was written in French. Go figure! Beautiful images, though.

Wow, that is one unique bridge. Great views, too. And don't we all love poppies in the fields?

T looks happy in his photo with lots of food in front of him. Great looking dessert, too. Water is the wise choice, especially since it saves on cost, too. Thanks for taking us to various places in France and for sharing your dessert and water with us for T this Tuesday, dear Chris.


CJ Kennedy said...

I love tagging along on your travels. The church is very beautiful. The work of the photographers showing what you can find in the area made me think of a scavenger hunt. It would be fun trying to find everything on the list. The poppies in the field are so pretty. And it's always nice that your hubby smiles for your T Day pictures. Happy T Day!

Linda Kunsman said...

You must know by now Chris that I for one will NEVER bore of your photos of France- or even England for that matter:):) How I love old churches!! My aunt told me on our last trip there that they began locking church doors at certain times (which none of them ever used to do)sadly because of rising theft:( Hubby looks pleased with his dessert:)
I don't know how you can keep up with everything Chris, between challenges, hosting, family and home, travelling...you exhaust me! Rest up a bit my friend, and happy T day!

froebelsternchen said...

Wonderful impressions of France,I will never get bored to see them.👍♥️

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful photos, and the food looks great, too. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

no, keep the French pics coming! love your dessert too!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I enjoy your travel photos. You visit such wonderful beautiful places. Gourge was no exception.

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

Meggymay said...

Not bored with your French photos either Chris, they are jogging my memories of our wonderful caravan holidays in France.
Yvonne xx

Kate Yetter said...

You always share the most beautiful churches and architecture! I love traveling with you and your hubby. You go to the most interesting places. France certainly is beautiful.
Happy Belated Tea Day,
Kate

Mrs.B said...

Lovely photos from your visit to France, and not, I'm not bored with them
Avril xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous post! I so enjoy traveling with you and seeing all the amazing architecture 😀. I think I would enjoy that dessert too - yum! Wishing you a lovely week and a Happy belated T Day! Hugs, Jo x

Words and Pictures said...

Certainly not bored... maybe a little envious! That's my kind of church - I love the simplicity of a Romanesque arch rather than the fussy pointed Gothic version, but it seems from the doorway that they were transitioning from the one to the other as this church was being built.

Looks like the perfect village square for sitting with a cool drink and watching the world go by. Sigh...
Alison x

Caty said...

This is a very beautiful church Chris !! I´m impressed about it. Wonderful trip and very yummy dessert :) Sure you spent very good moments.
I wish you a very nice Friday, and I send you biiiiig hugs
Caty

Lisca said...

Don't worry. I'll never tire of seeing your photos from France.
I've not heard of Vide Grenier Day, but it looks a bit like a car boot sale....?
Gourge is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca