Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 30 October 2019

Dreams of Kew Part 2

I was showing my son some of my Kew Garden photos when he asked where there lots of birds around - I had a think and only recall seeing a robin right near the start of our walk, peacocks, geese and parakeets...Oh! and the big birds flying over to Heathrow. 
My journal page was made yesterday after walk around Styall Mill gardens where there were birds singing all around even though we were close to Manchester Airport.
I started this page with a bit of blue ink through a stencil then stamped Crafty Individuals leaves randomly over the page with different coloured inks and added a Crafty Individuals branch
I added another CI bird that I stamped onto some Ciao Bella 'Collateral rust' paper that I stuck over a piece of gelli print (torn in half to extend it.)
CI words were stamped onto some paper scraps and this is where I left it when the it went too dark to work without artificial light.

I had a restless night so at 3 o'clock I got up and added some spatters (no specs on!)and went back to bed and slept well!

This morning I added fibres and some leaves, the same ones I used for the background.
I decided some leaves would be good added to the frame so I stamped some onto another piece of gelli print and to give them some sheen I spread some gloss gel onto my plate and dipped them in.
I could probably have done this on my mat but there a bit of bounce with the plate
I used some glitter pens and Perfect Pearls to add some more Autumn shine to my page.
I often can't decide whether my favourite season is Spring or Autumn - today it is Autumn!!

This page is for Art Journal Journey - Dreams or Wishes - I have loved Eileen's theme but once again I had so little time for crafting!
I would also like to enter at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Art Journaling
More Mixed Media Challenge - Anything goes with  optional Orange
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Anything Goes

Also a reminder that Try It On Tuesday has a new topic - Colours of Autumn


Now, these dreams of Kew...Part 2 is coming up in my next post...

Thanks for looking, Chris

10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful piece. Autumn is definitely my fave season! Thanks so much for joining us at More Mixed Media! Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

This is such a pretty fall page. I love the paper layering and the stamping.I can see why Kew inspired you to make such a gorgeous page. Hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous Autumn page Chris! xx

froebelsternchen said...

Woe, this is so pretty dear CHris! Gorgeous!
ANother wonderful page for AJJ! Thank you so much!
Happy Halloween!

Susi xxx

Marjut said...

Beautiful autumn creation.

Divers and Sundry said...

I like all the seasons and the seasonal changes in between. Your Autumn page is lovely with those colors, and I like how you brought it all together.

Meggymay said...

A beautiful autumn page Chris, lovely colours and images.
Yvonne xx

Words and Pictures said...

This is a beautiful page, Chris - that background is a dream for sure - gazing through the leaves at the sky beyond. I love the little bird and the furled leaves.
Alison x

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a stunning page! I love the beautiful autumnal background that you created and the contrast of the black stamped bird looks amazing 😁. Thanks so much for joining the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Happy Friday and weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Sandra Wright. said...

A really lovely page,the background is stunning...and I love the image of the bird too.
Thank you for joining us at More Mixed Media