Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 2 October 2019

My Calendar Journal and a Second on the 2nd

I was a little late getting my calendar page made and then of course yesterday was Tuesday and I already had two posts!
Here is my October page all ready, except after this photo I made some additions and I have already started filling it in so you will have to wait until November to see them!
 I made layers of watery distress ink, sponged distress ink and some spatters too in various Autumn shades that I hope we are going to see before long! Some of the leaves here are already beginning to change!
I used Paper Artsy stamps by Courtney French and the trees are by Crafty Individuals
I am hoping that this is OK for Art Journal Journey and the new theme chosen by Eileen - Dreams or Wishes as I really am wishing for a colourful Autumn
 Here is September's all filled in! 


I'm joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth with my Second on the 2nd post is from October 4th 2014 - you can see the full post here
                -----------------------------
I finished my September pages and should have posted, instead totally forgot, then realised I had no pages ready for October!
I'm in the middle of getting ready for my trip and it just totally escaped me. So, after a few distress inks rubbed over the page, sprinkled over with water drops I added a variety of layers using masks. I used kraft paper with just a touch of what was on my inking tool for the journal squares! The stamps are part of the TH halloween minis that I got on Monday from TK Maxx for……£7.99!! (I really would never have bought them at their usual price - any halloween was done with other products and a tiny atc TH skull stamp!)However, I have found that I do love them and will be definitely 'doing' halloween this year!!!
I finished it off with a group of buildings from a Lynne Perella Paper Artsy stamp set.
Here is my completed September page

I am still enjoying making these calendar journals as much as I did when I first started nearly three years ago, when I was first inspired by the fabulous Kate Crane. The link is still there on Kate's blog though sadly many use face book now instead:(

         -----------------------------------------
As you can see I still use the same format - I love decorating my pages and my calendar journals are really great for looking back at what we were doing at a particular time!

I don't link to a calendar group at all now!

Thanks for looking, Chris

10 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Your calendar pages are really pretty-I write things in on my wall calendar but I never have made my own pages-fun idea for sure.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

As usual, you put my calendar pages to shame. Your lovely leaves you stamped remind me of skeleton leaves. They are incredible. What a great way to tie this into Eileen's theme at Art Journal Journey. I'm just wishing for cooler weather (grin). Thanks for sharing it with us.

Your second look blew me away. I can't believe we have known each other this long, if for no other reason than seeing our calendar pages when Kate and others went to Facebook. I remember how you got all excited "doing" Halloween because it was all so new to you. Thanks so much for bringing back this second look on the 2nd, my dear friend. Again, it blows my mind how long we have been visiting each other.

froebelsternchen said...

These leaves are gorgeous, a wonderful stamp. A great spread and totally fitting Eileen's topic, thank you!
You do this artsy calendars for such a long time. Amazing!
Happy second on the 2nd, happy October, happy journaling Chris!
Hugs Susi

My name is Erika. said...

I like your calendar Chris. Very autumn! I have those leaf stamps and I love them. They work perfect! Happy october. Hugs-Erika

Words and Pictures said...

Scrumptious autumnal calendar for October - those colours and Courtney's leaves are a match made in heaven. Great to see September filled in, and I loved seeing that LP cityscape again in your revisited calendar pages. Happy October!
Alison x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Your calendar pages are lovely.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Gorgeous backgrounds, Chris, on all four pages. I wish I could take classes from you! I love your dreamy October page, especially the skeleton leaf stamp. Thank you for joining us at AJJ. May your colorful autumn leaves wishes come true. Eileen xx

Rita said...

Loos like you are ready with a pretty page spread. :)

craftytrog said...

Your October pages look great Chris, I must get mine done! I'm still catching up with stuff after our holiday.
Alison xx

Marjut said...

Lovely calendar page!