Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 27 November 2018

Winter Wonderland

Hi everyone, are you ready for some snow? I know that some of you already have had snow - I hope it did't cause too many problems! 

We are thinking about the beauty of a snowy day with our new theme at Try It On Tuesday - Winter Wonderland! The Design Team really have shown the snow at it's best!

I decided it was time I got some more Christmas cards started.
I made a background using some corrugated card as a stamp and a selection of different blue Distress inks.
I used one of my favourite Christmas tree stamps by Artemio, which I stamped in white and then heat embossed it. I have had the snowflake stickers for  a while so decided to add them.
I scuffed the edges of the card and mounted it on more scuffed card.
I actually found I had a Winter Wonderland sentiment in a freebie set!!

Looking forward to seeing your Winter Wonderlands!

Thanks for looking, Chrisx 

14 comments:

Meggymay said...

A beautiful winter wonderland card Chris. The tree looks lovely against the background, you were lucky to have just the right sentiment to add as well.
Yvonne xx

Cath Wilson said...

I think frayed around the edges is a good depiction of the way a lot of us feel at this time of year, Chris, lol - especially after trudging through snow - magical though it may look! Great idea to use the stickers - they work really well.

Cath x

Let's Art Journal said...

What a stunning card! You have captured such beauty in your design, the white embossed tree looks amazing 😁. Wishing you a happy new week! J 😊 x

Rosie said...

A wonderful winter card

My name is Erika. said...

Love the card Chris. It is beautiful. And matches the snow we are having this morning. There is something about blue and white snow art that is really calming. Hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

A lovely wintry card Chris! Xx

Rita said...

Very pretty! We've had snow here for a while now. Could use a fresh coat--LOL! ;)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is a truly magical winter wonderland. I think it is a real beauty, dear.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Love the contrast of the white embossing against those blues, a beautiful created scene. Those roughed up edges and coordinated matt and layering really compliments the design. Good find of that sentiment too..
HUgs Tracey xx

Helen said...

What a beautiful card!! I have nearly finished mine this year... just a few more to go.

Divers and Sundry said...

Winter Wonderland is an inspiring theme, and I love your card! Lovely scene, especially for me as we don't get much snow down here :)

Marjut said...

So beautiful!

Mrs.B said...

A lovely wintry card Chris. The white tree looks fabulous on the textured background.
Avril xx

Words and Pictures said...

Ooh, the corrugated stamping is just brilliant - love the patchwork look - and the snowy tree makes a perfect focal image.
Alison x