Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 13 November 2018

T Stands for........the walk, the ballet and the shops

I do hope you are enjoying some nice weather - we are home again from our caravan, where on Friday night the caravan didn't just shake, it rocked with one big gust of wind! Thankfully it soon settled down and we had a peaceful night!

I did try to keep up last week but sadly most of my visits were after T day!! 

We so enjoyed the Hunderwasser Museum that we stayed for a late lunch.
The courtyard where we ate was just as lovely as the inside(there is  seating inside too)
I am of course going to join Bluebeard and Elizabeth for T Stands For Tuesday! 


Hubby being silly with one of his Sweet potato fries!I really can't remember what we had with the fries and this is the only photo I took..apart from this one....
....where you can see the inside of the restaurant and what we had to drink!


We crossed the road to have look in the park beside the canal.




 We saw this building on the way back to the bus stop
Once back to near the Museum Quarter we decided we would like to visit this church, which alas was shut.


 We saw more of these birds which I know know are called Hooded Crows
We walked as far as the Opera House and remembered that Giselle was being performed. People were queuing for tickets and we joined the queue only to be told that there were not going to be enough but that we could go to join the standing room queue! You may remember we did this for an opera last time we visited Vienna!
It was then I remembered....we could see it for free - I had seen it advertised ...we walked around the corner and sure enough seats had been set out for a live relay of the ballet on a screen outside!!
We found seats easily and I went off to buy something we could eat easily before the performance! 
 We had quite a good view of the screen - the photo was taken during the interval where they showed snippets of what we had already seen.

 I don't know why there is pink hare here but isn't it fabulous?
 We were in a strolling mood so stopped to look in some shop windows


 The gateway to the Museum Quarter meant we were almost back at our hotel

It was a truly wonderful day and will stay in my mind for a long time!
Next time is our last day in Vienna, another lovely day!!

Thanks for looking, Chris


16 comments:

Kate Yetter said...

More lovely photos of Vienna! I absolutely LOVED that church. Too bad that it was closed. That is wonderful that you were able to still see the opera...and for free! And the shop windows are gorgeous! I am so glad that you shared your journey.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

My name is Erika. said...

I love window shopping with you and the hubby. He seems as silly as my husband would be. I take a photo and he doesn't smile but makes a silly face and then complains that I never have good photos of him. Austria/Vienna sure looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing. And happy T day too. Hugs-Erika

Linda Kunsman said...

oh what lovely seating in your top photo- but the first thing I thought of seeing the cobblestones was Tim Holtz Layering Stencil - Mosaic :):) hats off to your hubby for the photo op- my hubby would def. appreciate this one;)
Too bad about the church-the architecture is truly magnificent and I can only imagine it inside...
how wonderful to hear/see Giselle outdoors for free- esp. when the weather cooperates.
thanks for sharing your adventures in the beautiful city of Vienna, and happy T day!

Helen said...

what a gorgeous time you had in Vienna. Love the park and also the outside area of the museum. what a good job you remembered being able to sit and watch Giselle outside! Such a shame the church was closed.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the great photos, you had a good time! Sounds scary getting the caravan rocked, good you stayed safe. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

It must have been really scary in the caravan with the gales.

All of the photographs are fantastic and you always do such amazing things on your trips

Have a great T Day


Love Chrissie xx

Meggymay said...

I know what you mean about wind gusts and caravans. Glad you were safe.
The photos all looked amazing, but I think watching the ballet would have been an fantastic experience.
The window shopping photos looked great as well.
Happy T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

johanna said...

hi, you are bringing me back to my vienna trip in spring:) can´t get enough! the area around the hundertwasser house really is so beautiful!
we came across an open air opera (screen) also (quite late, as we did not know before) - what a great habit!
btw, the pink hare is near the albertina... in this museum the famous "young hare" of albrecht dürer is exhibited.
oh my, i hope there will be more posts about vienna:)) the shop windows you found were fantastic!!
happy t-day!

froebelsternchen said...

OMG you really made the best out of your Vienna visit! Fantastic!

Happy T-Day dear Chris!

kathyinozarks said...

Loved all these photos so much, you both had a wonderful day-and i loved that you shared it with us.
Happy T hugs Kathy

Eileen Bergen said...

The courtyard is very beautiful and inviting, Chris.

You two have such lovely adventures. So many beautiful things to see. The church is absolutely beautiful with all those intricate spires.

I love ballet. Giselle is one of my favorites. Free makes it even better!

You're making me long to go to Vienna ;-)

Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

Divers and Sundry said...

That courtyard seating would be a real treat, and I enjoyed y'all's trip. So much to do and see! The public art is delightful :) Happy T Tuesday

Lisca said...

Thank you so much for sharing your photos of Vienna. I so like armchair traveling.
How wonderful that you could see Giselle outside on the big screen. Fantastic! Proms in the park type stuff. What a treat!
The Hundertwasser museum and buildings arefab too. I have never been to Vienna, but seeing your pictures, I can't wait!
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

CJ Kennedy said...

Your hubby is so the best. I can't get a photo of Himself either silly or serious. Lovely park I like the colorful columns that look like they're made from spools. Gorgeous Gothic spires on that church and I like the musician statues. I hope the Hooded Crow enjoyed the concert. So cool you were able to see the ballet for free. The shop windows are so pretty. Our stores don't really bother to decorate windows anymore. Looking forward to more from Vienna Happy T Day

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm loving these posts in Vienna. You found some gorgeous places, and that open air opera was fabulous. I loved returning to the Hundertwasser Museum, too.

Your husband is such a great sport. I am thrilled you got to see these places and share a drink and fries with us for T this Tuesday, dear Chris.

Neet said...

This looks wonderful and you are a great story teller Chris.
Love the pink hare and the shop windows but was amazed at how you watched the performance - how absolutely delightful.
Hugs, Neet xx