Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 15 November 2018

A little bit Vintage

Hi Everyone! I have been having a busy time of it lately! 

Yesterday was my third 'Messy Day' in our retirement complex (just a series of apartment blocks really on the edge of a village!!)
I had decided to use a crackle technique to make some Christmas Decorations - I was worried that I wouldn't have enough crackle glaze and it was too late to send for more on the internet - I was forced to buy another brand and after about 12 'goes' and a lot of muttering I decided to just hope that I still had enough in the pot for the class! 
On the day two folk couldn't attend and I decided to demo on the tag belonging to a lady who can't see so well (she managed the undercoat and top layer and finished off what I had started! I am pleased to say all results were very good and lots of excitement as cracks appeared (Thank you Paper Artsy!)
Sad to say though I didn't take any photos - we had to re-locate and space was tight and it put it right out of my head!

I have made a journal page for Erika's Vintage or Modern theme at Art Journal Journey 
I had an ugly page which I covered with gesso and pressed in one of my cake decorating patterns, I added some scraps, some of my handmade washi tape and stamped an old CI clock stamp(no longer available but I love it)The little girl looks so confident I added the small talk sticker to match her look!

I often find that my journals give me a wake up when I start off in my craft room and while I am busy with my new DT projects at Crafty Individuals (when we are home, that is!)I have been playing in a junk journal too



Some of the scraps have personal connections - don't want to part with some of them!

Thanks for looking, Chris

12 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

That vintage page is fabulous Chris. Cool texture and that little cowgirl is one of my most favorite TH image. And your junk journal pages are fun. I think we all need something to get our "creative motor running" so to speak. :) Thanks so much for joining in at AJJ again. I appreciate it and seeing all these cool inspiration pieces is so much fun. Hugs-Erika

Helen said...

it sounds like you're having a lovely time with your messy days with the ladies! good old Paperartsy crackle! Great pages.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful pages! Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Sounds like you had a fab time with the ladies and the crackle paste ---lol! Super that you do this little workshops! I am sure some of the ladies don't have so much adventures and trips and cinema as you - so this made for sure a nice change for them! I love the vintage page with this lovely girl and your junk journal pages are so pretty as well!
Great to see you linking to the November collection at Art Journal Journey again! Thank you for all your support Chris!
Happy weekend for you! Hugs, Susi

Neet said...

Had a problem myself with crackle the other week. It really does depend on the manufacturer (well I say so and I am sticking to that). Glad yours all worked out for you and your ladies - do keep having fun with them.
Love your journal page, she certainly has attitude that one and i wonder what she really belongs to - seems some kind of uniform to me. Quite agree about the c lock face.
Hugs, Neet xx

Divers and Sundry said...

The "messy days" sounds like such fun!

Kate Yetter said...

Fabulous journal page but I really love that vintage journal page. The background is colorful and full of texture. Lovely!
Kate

Meggymay said...

It sounds like you had fun with the group the other day and the ladies enjoyed creating art with you.
Your vintage journal page looks fantastic and so do the pages from your junk journal.
Have a good weekend Chris.
Yvonne xx

Brenda Brown said...

Love your vintage page Chris and reading your post xx

craftytrog said...

A great set of pages Chris! I love the vintage one! Xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm only THREE days late visiting. Talk about late. Your vintage page is terrific, Chris, and so special. It's perfect for Erika's theme and we are thrilled you shared it with us at Art Journal Journey.

Your pages of random images made me smile. I am so glad you save and use various art others send you. That is so sweet to showcase everything, too.

Words and Pictures said...

Looks like lots of messy fun - so glad to hear you're spreading the creativity bug, especially with crackle! Great to see your pages, a really lovely way to let ideas play out without any pressure.
Alison x