Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 4 November 2018

Out and about again ...and the last few tags

Hi everyone! I though I had better show you the remainder of the challenge I did in October!
Brigit Koopsen challenged us to use a different product each day - I confess to getting mixed up and also to still having a long list of products that need to have an outing!!!
Day 27
I used a Derwent Graphik pen to make spatters on my tag, which also used a Tracy Evans set and a Crafty Individuals set.
Day 28
I added some of tape which I made by lifting some paint off my plastic palette.
Days 29 and 30 
Alcohol ink and Alcohol lift ink...using my favourite Crafty Individuals background stamp
...and then stamped some Crafty Individuals flowers.
Day 31
Infusions background then used some Stamperia Rice paper and an old CI butterfly.Oh! and if you are wondering....25 was the beginning of my day 26
- I had to make some marks with the tube from my bunged up distress spray (which is now unclogged)...and somehow I have lost the photo since I posted on Instagram! 

I had my haircut on Friday and after a week where my only outings were walks around the village we decided to head for the hills (or rather the peaks)once I had left the hairdressers.

We followed a road we used to use quite a lot at one time and came to the junction where a new road has been built ...it has caused quite a few delays to our shopping trips so we decided to go onto it! As we went along we remembered a garden centre we used to visit regularly so off we came...we sat and had a coffee and shared a scone and we made a Christmas present list - as it happens the garden centre is not just a garden centre so we eyed some items up but as yet no decisions made!
Then was on our way again.
The views were fabulous...this is the Cheshire countryside.



 We had some lunch at the Peak View Tea Rooms - looking forward to coming back here too!
 We started to head down into Derbyshire
 We decided to by pass Buxton as it was getting awards the end of the afternoon...
 ...and stopped off for a walk by the canal at Whaley Bridge






I used the stopwatch on my phone and the journey not counting stops from Peak View to home took just over an hour.

I am still trying to re-organise my desk area - a friend is coming to play next week - I nee to make space!!!

Thanks for looking, Chris 

10 comments:

Annie said...

Wonderful tags Chris x loving all the various techniques x you certainly stepped up to the challenge x loving your photographs x mum and I spent a few days in Buxton in August and it was lovely with spectacular scenery x
Happy Sunday x
Annie x

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous tags with lovely colours and techniques. Great photos, you had a wonderful drive out. Just got bAck from a 10 mile hike, now it's time to put my feet up. Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

Wow Chris! What is more fabulous-your tags or those views? I surely can't decide. They are all so beautiful. Happy end of your weekend. Hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

What a lovely drive! And that's a great place for a walk. Those views! You get such good shots I feel like I'm there :)

Helen said...

Whaley Bridge looks beautiful! fabulous tags, too. Enjoy your playtime!

froebelsternchen said...

Both is stunning - your fantastic tags and the fabulous views! Wonderful!
Have fun with your friend playing next week!
Big hugs, Susi

Meggymay said...

A super set of tags and wonderful photos Chris.
It looks like it was quite a nice day for your outing.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am glad you were able to complete the challenge. Seems uyou used a LOT of stamps in your various tags, though. You DO love to stamp, don't you? They are all great and unusual, at least.

I loved seeing your walk and I was taken by those boats people live on. I would love to do that for a year or so, and see the country through its rivers. Beautiful photos of your walk and drive.

Let's Art Journal said...

Another set of beautiful tags! The colours and designs, as always look amazing 😁. I enjoyed walking along the canal too, such fun to see all the boats! Wishing you a happy new week! J 😊 x

Neet said...

Great and interesting tags on display for us here.
You know I love seeing your artwork Chris but I so enjoy reading about your trips out, you go to some very interesting places and it always whets my appetite to visit myself. Plus I enjoy your cinema reviews.
Hugs, Neet xx