Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 1 November 2018

More tags, some skies and a vintage look at November

Hi everyone! I have 5 more tags to show you from the 31 Products Challenge hosted by Brigit Koopsen.
Day 21 
Pearl glaze was used on the Paris 'stamps'

Day 22 

I started with some paint which I partially rubbed off with a baby wipe - I added Tracy Evans stamps and then used a Tippex corrector pen to add some dots and frame the tag
It was here where came unstuck as this was two products and I lost count!!!
so...Day 23
I used an old favourite - Crafty Individuals swirls and gilding flakes with my paper doll image
Day 24
I used gold paint through a stencil - sadly it doesn't show here!
Day 25
I used distress inks to make a background then used my Jenni Bowlin inks that are kept at our caravan and a Paper Artsy image stamped on to book paper.

Last week, after we had seen our son and grandchildren off we decided to head towards the Pennines and Alston.
I love the scenery on the drive but this time it was the skies that captivated me!






As we approached Alston the skies started to become darker although the sun was still shining in Alston...for a while!

One of the reasons for our trip to Alston was for me to buy a new top for Winter from 'Mellow Yellow' which meant a walk uphill from the car. We had called in to this shop on our way back from Northumberland in the Spring, they sell my kind of clothes and also lots of lovely homeware things too! 
By the time I had tried a few items on, 'ummed' and 'aahed' about things on the racks and bought two tops and some socks for hubby along with a nice wall hanging, the weather had taken a turn for the worse!(we had seen a snow plough heading down the road earlier!)
We decided to make a run for it, hubby got to the car way before me!!!
I was cheered to see a patch of blue as we headed down the road!

Hartside cafe which sadly burnt down last March when the roads were under snow and it needed a snow plough in front of the fire engines that were on their way! This was always a popular spot for cyclists and bikers as well as somewhere to stop and take in the views, which fortunately are still the same!!!



These photos are shown in the order in which I took them - I will continue this journey another day.

My calendar pages are ready too..

I used a shaving brush to add ink (after reading my lovely friend Sarah's article in this months Craft stamper)spritzed and then added Crafty Individuals swirls (so happy to have found this in my big sort out!)and the lapwing (one of my favourite birds since I used to see a field full on my way home as a child)and some Stamperia rice paper images as well as one of my old images taken from some cheap cards.

I am joining in at Art Journal Journey where Erika is hosting with her theme - Vintage or Modern

Thanks for looking, Chris

15 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

So many wonderful things in this post Chris. The tags are super, and the scenery is fantastic. Wow. I can see why you would make this drive. I would make it even if I didn't have a place to go to. And that sky is really really dark and stormy. Loving both the October and November calendar-and November does fit AJJ so perfectly. Thanks so much for sharing it with us over at AJJ. Hope your skies are bright now. Hugs-Erika

Meggymay said...

I love all your great tags Chris, however the photos really drew my attention tonight.
That route over the tops and ending up in Alston is very familiar with me.
The photos looked wonderful and the weather can change just like you showed us. This for me adds to the scenery and beauty of the fells.
Your calendar page looks fantastic.
Yvonne xx

sheila 77 said...

Like Yvonne I was fascinated by your tags and the way you made them but then was transfixed by the marvellous photos of your journey, and especially, as you say, by the skies. That black cloud looked really threatening, but then the weather fortunately cleared up again.
I do like your calendar for November, very suitable for Erika's theme.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of beautiful art today, so many lovely tags. Skies can often be fascinating, and you saw some wonderful ones here. Have a great month, hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

of the tags, the second is my favourite. I adore the sky photos - I love skies - and you saw some beauties, all in one day!! hope you didn't get too wet in your dash back to the car.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Of the tags, I loved the first one, the one with the paper doll, and the last one. I got confused as to which day went with which tag, so that's how I remembered them.

Your photos are amazing. I was also drawn in by those clouds. Atmospheric photos all.

Your calendar pages always put met to shame. I love them both, but the vintage one that matches Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey is fabulous. Thanks for sharing it with us.

froebelsternchen said...

So many wonderful tags with such brilliant techniques Chris. They are all super, you have such a masterful hand with these techiniques! Fantastic. BIG Wow!
And that sky is fascinating in your photos - I can feel the darkness and the storm. A fantastic area, woth the drive! And great you found nice things in the shop! That's always good for a girl's soul, isn't it?!

I already was in love with the October pages - you fill them ever so well! The November calendar spread looks so feminine and so lovely vintage - what a nice idea to make the pages fitting AJJ so perfectly. Thanks so much for supporting the challenge again and sharing your beautiful art and post with us over at AJJ.

Hugs, Susi

Divers and Sundry said...

I always have trouble getting good sky and cloud photos, and yours are wonderful! Congrats on you clothing finds. It's good to find a shop that sells clothes that suit us :) I'm sorry to hear about the restaurant fire. The views are gorgeous, but I see there are disadvantages to living out away from a city.

Your October calendar is full! My days are much the same, which would make for a boring page lol

Brenda Brown said...

Lots of fabulous things to see here Chris. I love those gorgeous tags and marvelled at the changes in the sky lines of your photos. Have a great weekend xxx

Annie said...

Such fabulous tags Chris xx Love them all and your photos are amazing too with all the amazing colours of rust xx
Apologies for my lack of visits but I have had blogger comment issues as they just would not publish...so frustrating !!!!

Have a lovely weekend xx

Annie xx

ps I am unable to leave a comment on Valerie and Meggy May's blog xx Can you advise them of my issue and give my apologies xx

Annie said...

Thank You for leaving a wee message for Valerie and Yvonne Chris x I am now able to leave a comment as I am using a different search engine...fingers crossed this continues to work xxx

Annie xx

Words and Pictures said...

Another brilliant set of tags - I especially love the LP one and the soft smoky greens with Tracy's flowers. So sad about the burnt down cafe - what rotten luck in the midst of the snow.

And the November calendar page spread is really lovely in those soft sepia tones.
Alison x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Lots of loveliness to see in this post Chris, a real treat. Super tags, the first is a wonderful piece to show your love of Paris along side those sweet flowers of Tracy's. I seem to have missed so much over the past few weeks.
Those rolling clouds across that landscape makes me want to sit, gaze and paint them even with those wee drops of rain. Stunning scenery.
Happy Sunday Hugs Tracey xx

craftytrog said...

Beautiful tags, wonderful photos, and I love your November calendar Chris! xx

Neet said...

Fab tags again and I do love your calendar pages, especially October.
What amazing shots of the sky - especially good to see how quickly the weather had changed whilst you had been shopping - that really shows the weather up there for us.
Hugs, Neet xx