Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 27 November 2018

T Stands for....the trip and the walk

Hi everyone! I am hoping that we reach the end of our trip photos  by the middle of December!
We had a wonderful rail journey through the Czech Republic to Prague.
I loved this bright green house!
I would love to visit this church too!

We arrived in Prague and found our way to the hotel quite easily by taking a tram ride.
There wasn't much time for anything except a walk to the information centre, stopping at this church on the way!

I asked if the assistant at the IC if she could recommend somewhere to eat traditional food and she directed us down the road a little way to Havelska Koruna, a really unusual eatery!



As we went in the cashier had thrust a ticket at us! We went and sat down and although there were a few members of staff walking around no one asked us what we wanted!
Fortunately a couple across the aisle came to our rescue and told us to take our ticket and go around the corner to the counter! As it happened two men from Yorkshire were also on their first trip here so we enjoyed a bit of banter! 
We both chose a pork stew  and cabbage. I had dumpling with mine, hubby had rice! It was a truly delicious meal and at a very reasonable price. As you can see I had cola and hubby had orange.
I am of course joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T Stands for Tuesday
The next day, another very hot one, was the day we chose to walk across Charles Bridge!
We tried to stop at every statue for a little bit of shade but so did a lot of other folk!!
I will show just a few of the many we took on this fascinating bridge with stalls, artists and performers all along it.



We spent a little time on the other side of the river, had some lunch (pics saved in my TSFT bank).....

...and walked back again!




We headed past some posh shops towards the Jewish Quarter...

...where even in the shade it was very hot!


We headed for a drink and next week I'll show you what we saw next!!

I am sorry I haven't been around much lately - my time has been taken making samples to send off for next Monday's Craft Individuals shows on Hochanda - I think they are planned for 12.00 and 16.00 GMT.
I have now got everything in the post (watch out - there may be sneaky peeks!)and hope to be catching up......unless anything else happens - I am struggling with a trapped nerve in my knee that occurred on the last part of our journey home from York! I'll show you some pics of York later in the week!

For now, Happy T Day and Thanks for looking, Chris

15 comments:

Divers and Sundry said...

I never tire of photos from your trip. The restaurant sounds like it would've been helpful to be behind someone who'd been there before lol All's well that ends well, though, right? Pork stew sounds good :) Those musicians on the bridge would add a lot to the walk. Fun! Happy T Tuesday

My name is Erika. said...

I love seeing your travel photos and I am interested in Prague since a friend and I are retiring at the same time and talking about going there after we do retire in a couple of years. You've peaked my interest. Hope the nerve gets untrapped and your knee feels better soon. Hugs-Erika

Kate Yetter said...

So many gorgeous building on your walk through Prague. Your food looks and sounds delicious. How wonderful that you found a local place to eat with such good food and excellent prices.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Helen said...

I am so well travelled thanks to you and T! I am not sure if I could have coped with the heat on this trip though! Won't be able to see the shows but I look forward to sneaky peaks!

Valerie-Jael said...

Looks like you had fun on your travels again. Thanks for sharing the photos, happy T Day, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I agree with Helen about being well traveled thanks to you and T. You two have the most fun and see the most incredible and unique areas. Too bad it was incredibly hot.

I'll have to wait for the sneak peeks, since I'm certain I won't get the show in the states.

What a unique place you visited for lunch. I'm guessing that is what the locals would call "traditional" food? Love how sweet T is to let you photograph him eating, too. He's a real trooper. And thanks for sharing these first photos of France along with your cola and T's orange with us for T this Tuesday.

chrissie said...

Lots of amazing photographs again of your travels

Always great to see all the places you share with us

Hope your T day went well

Love Chrissie xx

froebelsternchen said...

Wonderful impressions of Praha!
Gorgeous!

Big hugs, Susi

Rita said...

Love all the pictures--but a trapped nerve in your knee? That sounds horrible. I hope it is better soon.

Meggymay said...

I'm a bit late calling in Chris, all the photos looked lovely and the restaurant must have been quite an experience for folk going there the first time.
Hope your day went well.
Yvonne xx

johanna said...

prague is such a beautifully restaured city and you brought us the best pictures! and it is a city of musicians... so nice! and hot - well, it was hot everywhere in europe this summer, exhausting for travellers for sure!
i really enjoy your photo trips, chris, and hope they go on:) xox

Neet said...

Bringing back some happy memories for me Chris. What a delightful trip you had - and such lovely weather.
Hope the knee improves for climbing the stairs at weekend.
Hugs, Neet xx

CJ Kennedy said...

I just love your travel posts. It's the only way I'm able to go. :-D Prague looks like a beautiful city. I love when you're able to get around a city by walking. Looks like you were able to see lots of things and to find a nice spot to eat. Happy T Day! (Thurs. begins with a T, too. =^,.^=)

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely to see some familiar things, and some new ones too. For some reason every time I've visited Prague it's been pretty wintry, so it's nice to see it all with the sun out!
Alison x

Cestina said...

I am glad you were able to get across the Charles Bridge in relative comfort, people-wise. I have often seen it so packed that one cannot move at all.

It was hot wasn't it? There were days in my Czech village last summer when I couldn't move out of the house, or the museum, both of which are blessed with very thick stone walls!

Thanks for sharing your travels and eating adventures with us :-)