Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 31 August 2021

Using Book Paper

Wow! That two weeks went by quickly, I'm here with Try It On Tuesday's latest theme which is 'Use Book Paper'.

The Design Team have founds lots of ways to use it, please do take a look here.

I started my page with a few pages from different books including some maps.

Some were coloured by dragging them through some spritzed Distress Ink on my mat.

I used a baby wipe to cover the page with Gesso and then added some stamping using a text stamp and a seed head - adding them randomly over the page.

I use some die cuts, some plant pics and birds from some old books, standing the birds on a couple of pieces of inky scrap paper.I also added another scrap and part of an old stamp that I found in my little bag of scraps. Finally I found some words to sum up how I felt as I imagined walking in a quiet wood while making this page.

As usual this theme will run for two weeks an I hope that you will join us at Try It On Tuesday

I am also going to join in at Art Journal Journey where Neet's fabulous 'Type' theme finishes today. 

Thanks for looking, Chris



15 comments:

Helen said...

Beautiful art journal spread Chris! LOVE that background and all your birds! Have a super week! ((HUGS)) Helen

My name is Erika. said...

This page is a great piece to end our AJJ challenge and to start the new TIOT challenge Chris. Loving those birds. Hope you are having a wonderful last day of the month. Hugs-Erika

Bonnie said...

Your use of soft colors along with all the elements makes for a very calm and pleasing page. Thanks for the tip on baby wipes and gesso. Will have to give that one a go.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous journal page, Chris, love the birds! Hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

Super colours and background details for this great book print page Chris, the birds and die cuts look fantastic.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, such a gorgeous design! Loving the book pages collaged with that pretty flower stamp and all the elements that you added look amazing - perfect 😀. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs Jo x

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page Chris, I love the birds!

Tammy said...

This page is stunning Chris! I love the blue and teal colors and all of the elements, beautiful birds too!
Hugs, Tammy

Neet said...

Hi Chris, thanks for ending my month with AJJ with this great page of yours. I love how you have used the script from books and maps and coloured them with Distress Inks and then stamped those seed heads randomly across the page. Those seed heads are one of my favourite stamps. So delicate blowing silently in the wind.
The diecuts and the birds sit so well on your page and really do make this a 'happy place silent for a moment'.
Thanks for another lovely entry for my theme at AJJ, I have so enjoyed all that you have done over the month.
Hugs, Neet xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a special ending to Neet's theme at Art Journal Journey. That background is amazing. The subtle colors, the various book pages, and the wonderful fonts you chose, including handwritten text. I love the birds, the die cuts, and the plants. What a genuinely awesome entry you created and also shared it with us at AJJ using Neet's impressive theme.

Mrs.B said...

A beautiful page Chris, love the background and words you used, it really does feel like a walk in the countryside with the birds singing.
Avril xx

Joan said...

A beautiful page Chris, love the birds


Joan x

NatureFootstep said...

first, thanks for visiting my post :)
I enjoyed seeing your page. You managed to ad two of my favorite birds on it. :) The whote throated dipper I hope to see soon wehn they migrates south.

Love it!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Beautiful layered page Chris, those vintage bird images work in harmony with your choice of words. It all sits so lovely against those torn book pages.
Thank you for the inspiration. Hugs Tracey x

nwilliams6 said...

Great book page, Chris. Lots of great papers and images and so much to look at! Wonderfully done, my friend!