Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 9 August 2021

T stands for....the BIG treat!

Hi everyone, I was super excited on Monday morning to receive the most amazing mail from CJ.

I had seen a sneaky peek of the ATC and I also espied what Elizabeth had received but tried not to look too closely but I couldn't imagine how lovely everything in the envelope would be. In fact even the envelope was fabulous.

Can you see why I am so thrilled. The little envelope is so sweet - I haven't decided how I am going to use it but it's going to be somewhere that I will get to see it every day!

The bookmark is going straight into my bedside book so I will see that every day too!

I love those cute cats in teacups - a brilliant idea!

Thank you so, so much CJ!

Now, a calming walk I think!

We're looking at some views Styall Mill gardens from a different angle as we decided to take our usual route in reverse!

Hubby heading to the gate at the bottom of the gardens 


The flowers here have nearly all gone


It looks very green over there too!
This may be new or just not seen from a different angle




My favourite hydrangea
They are still working on this area....but...
..sad to read this.


Looking up towards the steps 
We could have walked by the river for a little while longer 

Up we went
From the top of the steps - phew!!!



Still plenty of sweet peas


Bees a-buzzing here!

This is the doorway we usually enter by but we went back via a gate instead..




The cafe looked busy and there were quite a few folk having picnics.
Looking through the trees at the Apprentice House where the young mill workers used to live

I could have taken a photo of this pond going into or out of the Visitor Centre - it is by the path to the Car Park

No coffee here and no coffee at Rhode Island Coffee where popped into the other week - their ice machine was broken and we wanted iced coffee.
We found an alternative - some healthy fruit and veg drinks were delicious and refreshing on a hot day
We also shared some iced ginger cake to keep us going till we got home, we had a couple more places to visit.
It is here I will join Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T Stands For Tuesday 

Wishing you all a lovely T Day. 
Thanks for looking, Chris

19 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris, first of all thank you so much for visiting my blog posts-hugs.
CJ's calligraphy is so beautiful-enjoy! I would probably find a little frame to put it in. Beautiful area for a nice walk-I always enjoy all the photos. iced ginger cake sounds yummy! Happy Tuesday hugs Kathy

My name is Erika. said...

What a great happy mail envelope. And ATC art too. That was fun mail you received from CJ. And it is interesting to take a walk backwards, isn't it? I think it can totally change what you see sometimes. And yours is still a wonderful walk. Thanks for sharing all the beautiful gardens. And glad you found a drink for the hot weather. Have a great T day Chris. Hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Great gifts, a lovely walk (apart from the signs, of course) and hmmm, the drinks look yummy and your Hubby´s look is priceless :-)
Happy T-Day!

Helen said...

Great pics on the walk, shame to read about the damage though.

Valerie-Jael said...

Enjoy the lovely gift from CJ! Styall Mill and the gardens are always worth visiting. Glad you got some nourishment even if it wasn't ice cream! Happy T day, hugs, Valerie

J said...

Hi Chris, I love reading about your walks, looks so peaceful, it’s certainly not peaceful here with all the holidaymakers.
The drinks look tasty and the ginger cake.
Lovely bits and pieces from VJ too
Happy T Day
Jan

nwilliams6 said...

Happy T-day, Chris! Your gifts from CJ are fabulous and fun - I know you will enjoy them. Lovely walk pictures. The damage is sad - wonder what unwanted visitor they had? The drinks and ginger cake look refreshing. YUM! Hugz

Spyder said...

ohoo an iced ginger cake, yum! I'm now thinking of lemom drizzle cake, chocolate cookie cake and devil cake! What a shame they had some destructive visitors. What makes people so mean!? Have a very crafty and Happy T for Tuesday ((Lyn))

Let's Art Journal said...

what's a beautiful ATC and gifts, that was really kind and thoughtful of CJ - love it 😁. I enjoyed visiting Styall Mill, the gardens look so lush and green. Those fruit and veggie drinks look very refreshing and I'd love a piece of the iced ginger cake too - so yummy! Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

Lisca said...

You too have received such gorgeous things from CJ. Her calligraphy is very special.
Another lovely walk. The park is certainly looking stunning. How sad about the damage. Did they steal artifacts or just damage the plants? I assume they were human unwanted visitors, not animals.
Your drinks and ginger cake look really yummy.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That gift and ATC from CJ is priceless. She outdid herself, didn't she? I am leaving my ATC in the little envelope she made. I think it will fit in my card holder.

Wow, Chris. I was tired just reading about your walk through Styall Mill. The walk was fun to take with you, but how in the world could anyone do such incredible damage? How sad.

Your drinks are so different and look healthy, too. May havbe been better than iced coffee, too. That ginger cake looks yummy. Good to see T so happy, too. Thanks for taking us with you to Styall Mill and to share your fruit and veggie drinks with us for T this Tuesday. and thanks again for the wonderful gifts for me!

Kate Yetter said...

A beautiful package indeed.
Your walk was lovely! So many colors and everything is green. I especially like the architecture on the building.
As I am not a coffee drinker the fruit drinks sounds delicious and refreshing. with a slice of cake. YUM!
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Linda Kunsman said...

a lovely packet of mail art from CJ- that really is such a pretty little envelope. Yes, funny how one sees differently when taking the same familiar path but doing it backwards. Such beautiful lush greens all about, and I always enjoy seeing the old buildings. Your drink choices certainly do look refreshing. Happy T day!

Rita said...

I love being able to enjoy your wanderings with you two! Love hydrangeas. Used to dry them and keep them in vases until they were so dusty and falling apart. Some cats love dried hydrangea, though, and won't leave them alone--LOL! Happy Tuesday! :)

Divers and Sundry said...

Fascinating! What a variety of sights along the way. The ginger cake looks like the perfect treat. Happy T Tuesday!

CJ Kennedy said...

I'm so glad the ATC etc. arrived. I was afraid it got lost in the mail. Forwards or backwards the mill gardens are just beautiful. Himself would be so envious of that greenhouse. Too bad vandals had to damage the exhibit. I hope the grounds crew can put things back soon. Happy T Day

Empire of the Cat said...

Hi Chris, the gardens look lovely, shame to hear of unwanted visitors causing damage though :( I was looking at the walled garden and the greenhouses, and they look very similar to a country house near me, I must post some photos up of it when I find them. Your fruit/veg smoothies look delicious. Happy Tea Day Elle xx

Sharon Madson said...

Iced ginger cake sounds delicious. Great ATC from CJ. I was afraid there were no flowers left, but later in your walk there were some flowers. Gardens are just not the same with no flowers. Happy T Day.

DVArtist said...

Nice mail. I have to go right to the Iced ginger cake. One of my faves. Your walk was just delightful. A beautiful area.