Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 16 August 2021

Blessed

Hi everyone, a very quick post today - we are still really busy and this week added to the mix is feeding a tortoise!!

I made a very quick page for Neet's 'Type' theme at Art Journal Journey.


 While I was having a sort out of my craft room I came across this piece of paper. It didn't take long to put this page together.

I scuffed the edges then added Vintage photo distress ink around the edges. I cut out one of the quotes and mounted it on some old book paper, added some stamped hearts and some cut out Dina Wakley stamped hearts. The newly married couple, a TH paperdoll sits on the quote, which I outlined with Stabilo-all red pencil as well as adding some to the hearts.

Sorry to be so brief, I'll be back here soon.

Thanks for looking, Chris


10 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is really charming, Chris. Your use of that paper is brilliant and the hearts add to the romance felt by these two newlyweds. What a fun take on Neet's theme and a great entry for Art Journal Journey, too. Now what is this about a tortoise?

Neet said...

Well it may have been quickly done Chris but had you not told me I would not have known. It is a charming post for my theme at AJJ and I love how you have thought about 'type' and used this background. The newly married couple, the hearts and words all add to the final composition. Very nice page Chris.
Thanks.
Hugs, Neet xx

craftytrog said...

Fabulous page Chris! What a find that piece of paper was!

Linda Kunsman said...

such a sweet and endearing page Chris! funny we both just used that very same TH couple;)

Helen said...

great page, love that wordy background!

My name is Erika. said...

That is a fantastic piece of background paper. It works great for Neet's challenge, and the wedding couple and theme works so well with it. I like the little pops of red too. Hope your week has started off in a good way! hugs-Erika

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderful page, Chris. Super paper and super dolls. I didn't even know Stabilo pencils came in any color but black so now I am off to buy more! Love the page - so romantic and sweet. Hugz

Elkes Lebensglück said...

That is a fantastic page with background paper!
Hug Elke

Meggymay said...

It may have been a quick page Chris but it looks beautiful the background paper is perfect for the theme.
Yvonne xx

Trillian As said...

Wow, it's so beautiful.