Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 5 August 2021

Type and tag!!

Hi, we're still quite busy but have had another afternoon working on a Wanderlust page - I'll do a catch up on our pages soon!  

In between trying to get my craft room tidy - it's been on hold for around a month now and it's driving me a little crazy - I have made a journal page for Neet's 'Type' theme at Art Journal Journey.


A long time ago when I worked in the office of a garage and bodyworks there was one of the bosses who was never happy with the first draft of anything. Fortunately I wasn't a typist so I never had to re-type anything.

When I was looking for suitable words for this I realised that the image didn't show up very well so I made up the 're-type this' title for my page!

I also made a tag for Tag Tuesday where Pinky's choice of theme is 'Flowers/Floral'.

I covered a tag with some napkin paper and then added some scraps of paper from a Stamperia set. I just grabbed the nearest piece of string for the top.The words 'make space in your life for what brings you joy' were cut from a magazine 

Thanks for looking, Chris


 

11 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Oh I know what you mean about a messy craft room. I need a huge purge, maybe later in the fall when it gets cooler, but it NEEDS it now. And you have some wonderful art today. Nice typewriter and typed paper you added. And beautiful tag too. Have a great end of your week. Hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Love your work, you´re very creative!

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful journal page, Chris. My work table gets fuller and fuller, I must start cleaning soon! And I LOVE that pretty tag, I have those napkins, too. Thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday for Pinky's challenge. Have a great weekend, hope you get to see nice places and take more lovely photos! Hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fabulous page and tag! I love that typewriter stamp and the way you layered the stencils to create the background 😀. Happy Friday and weekend! Hugs Jo x

Neet said...

I am so pleased that despite being busy you have found time to make another page for my theme over at AJJ. Thanks Chris. I love that image but I too found that on a slightly darker background it does not show up very well, unless you emboss it. I would never have thought of using those words - that is very clever of you and just perfect for that page. A lovely page - thanks.
Nice to hear about the job too.
Hugs, Neet xx
ps love your floral tag x

craftytrog said...

Great page Chris, and a beautiful tag!
Hope you have a lovely weekend,
Alison

pinky said...

Don't waste time tidying your craft room, you'll make the rest of look bad Chris lol. I love your journal page. In another life I was a typist so I would have found that boss very annoying but I am very critical of my own work!! I absolutely love your gorgeous flowery tag and thanks so much for joining my challenge theme at Tag Tuesday!

Aimeslee Winans said...

The darkness of your page seems to convey the typist's (probably not-too-happy) mood, perhaps? That's what I saw. Pretty flower tag! Hope you make some headway on your craft room. Exactly why I avoid any serious tidying, lol. xoxo

Meggymay said...

A super page Chris, I always have a crafty mess somewhere in the house even though I don't do much these days.
Yvonne xx

Sarah Brennan said...

Great tag Chris. I shall have to have a look at Neet's guest designer challenge. Love your page too.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Believe it or not, I also have a mess in my craft room. I dumped a bunch of stuff there when I was working on the bamboo and haven't had time to put it away. I really LOVE your quirky journal page. I like the stamps you used, too. Your background is really chaotic, which gives it that quirky feel. It's a great choice for Neet's theme, too.

I think I also have that napkin you used to make the tag. Yoy may have even sent it to me. It turned out great.