Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 26 June 2021

Wanderlust catch up and a sneaky peek at a garden

 Hi everyone, I have finally finished the herb tray - there were a few gaps that are now filled in, I finally found somewhere that had some dill.

It seems to be well used too!

I also replaced my own chives, as the plant I had wasn't doing well at all, and I found some Moroccan mint that smells amazing.

We had a full day out on Thursday, it was a good job I had organised our evening meal as we were later home than intended. I can't wait to show you photos on Tuesday! 

Wanderlust pages have been going well, some of you may have seen some on Instagram.


These were from Kate Crane's lesson for week 23 - a really super way to create a background for a found words poem

I followed Kate with flowers, hubby added his own choice of images.


Vicky Papaioannu was teacher for week 24. I was brave and cut into some Stamperia papers - well Vicky did, so she sort of gave me permission. Now I have cut into them I will be using more! I love the way she did the lettering. I think by now you know which are hubby's pages!

I added some more butterflies so I hope this is acceptable for Mia's theme 'Butterflies' at Art Journal Journey.



For Week 25 Kasha Avery set a real challenge for me - using black and white again - I never used to use much of either but now I really love using them.

A little bit sticky, but we both like our finished pages. Hubby thinks he needs help but believe me he really isn't the pain he thinks he is!!

Here is little taster of what is to come on Tuesday.


We really did visit the most amazing place!

Thanks for looking, Chris





 

13 comments:

Annie said...

These are all really great journal pages by you both. I love that you do this together. Kate Crain is the one who got me started with calendar journaling 9 years ago. I loved her calendar art. She had a facebook group for a few years but sadly it fizzled out. It was a very inspirational group of artists.

Trillian As said...

I love your pages. You both did so well.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your beautiful Wanderlust pages, you have both made some real beauties. Lovely photos, too, looking forward to seeing more! Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

I am loving all your beautiful art today Chris. These are just amazing. It is inspiring. I need some art time, but not much time until Wednesday. So I will have an art fix through you. Enjoy what's left to your weekend and start of the new week. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

No, hubby is doing excellently! What fun to work together.
Love seeing where you go on your excursions. :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love how the two of you create art together. He is getting SO good, too. He actually makes better art than I ever will. I think he's a natural. I also love that you created a beauty that included butterflies for Mia's theme at AJJ, too.

Iris Flavia said...

Great you share this hobby!
Great pages, also.

craftytrog said...

Great journal pages from you both Chris! Must be fun to be doing this course together. xx

Joan said...

Fabulous pages Chris and how lovely that you craft together, my O H has never taken the slightest interest in my crafts! Lovely photos of your days out too


Joan x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Love your Wanderlust pages and a nice outing too! follow.it has restricted me to following only 50 feeds so I now have no idea what to do on that. You were/would have been #51. I have sent in an email to them about it. xoxo

Elkes Lebensglück said...

*wow* I love your wonderful pages and photos!
Hugs -Elke

Meggymay said...

Fantastic journal pages by both of you for the art class you joined Chris.
Super photo as well.
Yvonne xx

nwilliams6 said...

Chris, you (and your sweet hubby) have been doing some wonderful art! I love it all and wish I had done these classes too. That owl hubby used is really cool but your doors with that quote is sooo well done. Each page has things that made me ooh and aah (spelled wrong, I know). Beautiful art and great pictures. Hugz