Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 4 June 2021

Spirit Butterflies

 Hi everyone, we've got a reasonable connection at the moment so I am hoping to get lots done. 

Yesterday we were out for most of the day, you will have to wait until T day to find out!!!

I have another page for Mia's 'Butterflies' theme at Art Journal Journey.

The main image and the swirls are by Emily Sakhila, of Ink and Earth, a fabulous artist and she designs the most amazing tattoos. She is also designing stamps for Art Inspirations.

As soon as they arrived I set to for a play - I really love them! 

I rubbed some grey ink through a Stencil girl stencil and then added the swirls and stamped the image. It didn't stand out as much as I would have liked so I stamped it on white (the page is pink) and fussy cut it. The butterflies are from various sets and I used colours that used to colour the image. Finally I stamped out one of Emily's quotes and cut it into strips.

My page seems to match how I am feeling at the moment - I keep having what I am describing as moments of intense sadness - they don't last long and in between I'm fine...the slightest thing can sometimes bring tears to my eyes! I'm just being a weirdo - I'm fine honestly!

We've been having some great weather and hoping to visit eldest son on Saturday. 

Thanks for looking, Chris 


13 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Such a pretty, stylised image. Love it.
Cath x

Annie said...

What fun stamps to play with! You put the new stamps and your play into a great art journal page. The flight paths of the butterflies is really fun. Those images are interesting to look at and to find so many great little details in them.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful page, love the images, great idea! Another wonderful page for AJJ! Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

That is an amazing main image from Ink & Earth Chris. The swirls are really fantastic too. They would be very useful, and I love how they work with all the butterflies. Nice page, and perfect for Mia's challenge. Can't wait to see your next visit for T. Hugs-Erika

Neet said...

What a lovely image - I must look her up as I do not know of her work at all. Not surprising as I am out of these days. Anyway, I do like your page Chris, such a delicate set of colours for your butterflies and the main image.
Sorry you are feeling a bit "off" at the moment, I think it is getting to all of us more than we realise. We have kept going all this time but now I think it is hitting us. Let's hope a cup of tea will help you - and a sticky bun of course.
Hugs, Neet xx
ps at the van and internet is shocking.

Rita said...

Sorry you are feeling so sad sometimes. Your paper play is just beautiful, though. :)

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful page! I love the tree image and it all looks so magical with the butterflies too 😉. Take care and wishing you a wonderful weekend! Happy June! Hugs, Jo x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You aren't the only one with roller coaster feelings right now. I've been like this for over a month. I think it's my not getting out like I'm used to. I've been in lockdown so long and yet I see other bloggers going out and about again as if nothing has happened and the virus in in the rear view mirror.

Gotta love those butterflies and that focal image has such movement and fluidity. It's wonderful and perfect for Mia's theme at Art Journal Journey, too, dear Chris.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

I also know the feeling and actually I'm fine, I don't understand myself either, but it's like that, you are not alone with it, be hugged by me.
I think your journal page is so beautiful, a dream, I like to sink into it!
Dear Sunday greetings Elke

craftytrog said...

Sending you hugs Chris! I've been feeling rather wobbly since I lost dear Angus, and getting tearful and anxious at times. I know it will pass eventually and I will be fine. I hope you feel better soon.
Your page is beautiful, that's a lovely image.
Take care,
Alison xx

Meggymay said...

A beautiful page Chris, Your new stamps looked lovely.
I can relate to how you feel, its as if everything is on hold and I cannot see how they think we will be allowed more freedom here in the UK.
stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Mia said...

What a super page, Chris! What a lovely image! I understand how you feel, my friend. Hope that soon you will feel better. Hugs and thank you for joining my challenge at AJJ.

nwilliams6 said...

Fab stamps, Chris. Love her images and words plus that great stencil you used. It all works together so well.

You are not alone in feeling that way. I have had several bouts like that - one day I cried almost the whole day. We are opening up more here in the U.S. and that even makes me cry because I have become such a home body and I feel I should have done more inner working while we were at home. The thought of losing two hours a day driving to work and home and getting ready for work is making me cry too. We will all get back to normal soon though - it is coming.