Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 14 June 2021

Vienna wanderlust....

Hi everyone, just a quick post for now! 

We got a bit behind with our Wanderlust classes but we are now back on track!

This page is for Week 21, a class by Shawn Petite.

I chose this image that was cut from a paper carrier bag that we got when we visited the Hofburg in Vienna a few years ago.

It is Empress Elisabeth of Austria and Hungary - her nickname was  Sissi and there is a Sissi Museum in the Hofburg in Vienna.

Here is a link to a Wikipedia page

If you remember (as I do) a film called 'Mayerling' starring Omar Sharif you may know that her son died with his mistress in a Hunting Lodge.

She had a sad life although she was Empress, and travelled extensively and alone.

I am entering this spread at Art Journal Journey - Mia's theme is 'Butterflies' I added the black and white butterfly to balance Sisssi's dark hair  decorated with ornaments.

I am also entering at the Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge - 'I'm Feeling Like Royalty'


Hubby took different path to mine, once again adding some wildlife - his main image came from a brochure for an outdoor art exhibition at Tatton park.


Although we were behind and we had to fit our art sessions in between some outings we really enjoyed this class and the results.

Thanks for looking, Chris 

 

 

12 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

These are both amazing pages, and your individual styles are really coming through. Both of the images you used are amazing. I am going to go check out that link about Sissy. Hope your week is starting well. Hugs-Erika

sirkkis said...

Lovely spreads both. The Sisi movies were my favorites at teen age. I know a lot about
Empress Elizabeth's life. The nature spread is full of interesting details composed with great collage technique. Love both.
Hope your week goes under good stars xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Both of these are beautiful spreads. You and T are really getting into this class. I think it's wonderful you are sharing your art together like that.

I have no idea about the movie to which you referred, but if I am correct, I think Lisca has received postcards about her that she shared. Thank you for another great entry at Art Journal Journey using Mia's theme, and thank you for your incredible art.

Tera Callihan said...

Both of your journal pages are awesome!! Thank you for joining us in The Funkie Junkie boutique challenge

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous journal pages, love them both! Hugs, Valerie

Elkes Lebensglück said...

These are both beautiful, imaginative journal pages!
Your different art is great, I find it so interesting.
Hug,Elke

Rita said...

I'm still just so impressed with both of you working Wanderlust together! IMpressive work, as always. :)

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris I Love both of your art pages so awesome you are taking art classes together-hugs

Aimeslee Winans said...

Lovely pages both! xxo

Jenny Marples said...

Chris I love both pages. Your royalty one really captures the grace and majesty of the Empress. Thank you for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge blog for this challenge x

Neet said...

Lovely pages, I still cannot believe how you got your hubby to join in with Wanderlust. I so wish i could get Chas interested in something like this - it must be wonderful to create together and then look at what you have created.
Love your Sissi, and how you have balanced the picture out with the butterfly against her hair. Clever.
Hugs, Neet xx

Meggymay said...

They are both great pages Chris, you have a clever hubby and good for him to join you creating art. I loved the quote you added to your page.
Yvonne xx