Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 22 June 2021

Here comes Summer at TIOT

 Yes, at last...it's officially Summer, and even though it was going to be the end of most restrictions here in the UK, (we are going to have to wait a few weeks more)it is Summer and to celebrate our new theme at Try It On Tuesday is 'Here Comes Summer'

The Design Team have lots of ways to celebrate - see here.

I don't eat much ice-cream as it plays havoc with my blood sugar levels, but every so often when we come across those places that have an array of different flavours I can't resist!

I made a card for myself that sort of gives me permission to have an occasional ice cream cornet (although I confess that I always go to the Berthillon shop in Paris when we are there - twice if I can!!!)

I masked off the edges of my card and used an Aall and Create stencil and sponged through with some ice-cream colour distress inks.

The cute Janet Klein girl (also Aall and Create) is from a set called Choose Happy.

The sentiment was typed onto my label maker - a good quick way to get the words I wanted! 

The ice-cream cone is by Simon Says Stamp. If you think the ice-cream is a bit bright it is actually the same colour as the supermarket's Raspberry Sorbet, and is the one iced dessert I eat usually, along with fruit. It has low sugar and actually doesn't affect my sugar levels at all. I hope you can be happy with me......'Here Comes Summer' and although our challenge only runs for two weeks, lets hope we all have a good Summer!

We will all look forward to seeing your Summer entries - please look at the TIOT website for the rules and guidelines.

Thanks for looking, Chris


12 comments:

Helen said...

What an adorable little girl! LOVE the ice cream colors you used! And yes, you can give yourself permission to eat ice cream in the summer! LOVE the card!!! ((HUGS)) Helen

Valerie-Jael said...

What a sweet and pretty card. Now I want ice again! Have a lovely day, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

This is an adorable card Chris, and what a great idea to give yourself a card as permission for an occasional ice cream. The Janet Klein girl looks like she is ready for a taste too. Hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful summer card! I love the little figure and she definately has an eye on that ice-cream ... ha, ha 😁. Wishing you a happy week! Hugs, Jo x

Rita said...

Glad your occasional indulgences don't hurt you.
Pretty background and cutie pie little girl. :)

Tammy said...

Awww this is so cute Chris, I love that adorable image and the lightly stenciled background, very pretty!
Hugs, Tammy

Meggymay said...

A fabulous fun card Chris, I love the cutie with her ice cream cornet.
I hope to get a catch up with your posts here soon.
Yvonne xx

Joan said...

I love that little girl ( on my wish list!) pretty stencilled background and mouth watering ice cream cone ! I have never been a fan of icecream but for some reason this year I am really enjoying it, my favourite is salted caramel, can't get enough of it!

Joan x

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous card Chris! xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

So very sweet this card!!!!
Hugs -Elke

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Very very sweet Chris, I love your play on words for this one.
Hugs Tracey xx

nwilliams6 said...

Fun girl and fun ice cream (or sorbet). Great colors and stenciling. Makes me want to go get a treat right now! LOL. Hugz