Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 27 December 2020

Time to reflect

 Hi everyone, I really haven't been doing much lately. Today was the first day since last Monday that I felt anything like doing more than just poke at a few things around on my desk!

I am still getting occasional bouts of BPV, but it's not just that that seems to be causing my mojo to do a runner!

I made this page for Tracey's 'The Meaning Of' theme at Art Journal Journey. 

I did enjoy spattering paint around onto a page that had a failed image transfer on it and I took an idea of the bare branches from a magazine image I saw.


I painted them on with some graphite paint, which has a slight metallic sheen. Twigs were drawn in with a pitt pen.

I spattered dark blue, graphite and white paint over the page

The blackbird on a branch is a Paper Artsy stamp by Sarah Naumann, as is the sentiment which seems to reflect my mood. I extended the branch that holds the bird too.

The paper doll couple were paired up by adding some white spatters to the lady's coat to match the gentleman's.

They are looking back on a year that has been a challenge for us all in different ways. One in which we have had little contact with family and friends and for me the loss of my dear friend Sheila. It will take me a while I think to stop seeing a photo of somewhere that we would have visited together if we had been able!I think 'Oh! Sheila will like this' and then realise that she isn't here any more. 

On the other hand we have the start of a New Year this week and a promise of a vaccination that may give us more freedom very soon.

We have so much to be thankful for - the flowers will soon bloom and the birds continue to sing, (only this morning a couple of blue tits were hopping around in a tree whistling to each other), we will have sunny days in between the grey ones.

We are well fed and clothed and have each other's company and recognise that we are so lucky when there are others who have none of these.

We must reflect on the lessons we have learnt over the year and then move on to celebrate in the knowledge that some things can be fixed!

I'm also entering at More Mixed Media Challenge - Anything Goes - optional white.

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Celebrate

Stamping Sensations -Anything with wings

Thanks for looking, Chris

 

9 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

We do have so much to be thankful for it's been a difficult year but here's to hope for 2021 and more safe freedom to be with those we love and see the world up closer. A beautiful page with the happy couple as the dapper gent gazes up at the raven in the tree, very well placed Chris.
I hope your BPV soon leaves you and gives you time to be in your happy creative place. Thank you for joining me @ AJJ.
Happy New Year Hugs if I do not catch you before it arrives Tracey xx

My name is Erika. said...

This is a fabulous page Chris. I also have and love those stamps and that sentiment is so true. Life is tough right now, isn't it? It could be a long winter, but I just keep telling myself, like you are doing, is that there are blessing everywhere. I guess we are all recentering. Stay safe. That is the most important thing. Hugs-Erika

brenda said...

A super page Chris and you really have captured that clod wintry feel to it, many thanks for sharing and joining in with our 'Wings' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

It certainly has been a tough year and most of us have been saddened by the inability to see family for so long. We can but pray that 2021 will offer new hope for us all.

B x

Isabel para ALROMASAR said...

Great page, Chris!
Happy New Year, sweetie.
Hugs from Spain

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page Chris! We do indeed have so much to be grateful for.
Alison xox

Rita said...

Sorry about your friend and the bouts of BPV. My dearest friend and my BFF from high school are both gone now. I still notice things I would have told them or shown them that we would have laughed about. They still bring forth such good memories that make me smile.

Lovely page. I always am drawn to birds...and cats. LOL! :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I wanted you to know that I got your package and have shown it for T today. It came on Saturday, but I didn't open it till this morning. I've been so depressed and am not sure why, I didn't even get on the computer to let you know it had arrived. I hope you forgive me. Your gift is still here. Not much of one, so don't get your hopes up.

I think this is an adorable beauty you created for Tracey's theme at Art Journal Journey, dear Chris. I love how you incorporated the bird on a bush with the image transfer and the TH dolls that I have never seen before.

Like you, even though I can't seem to get very enthused, I am super lucky. I don't have anyone coming to take my home away from me, or send me to debtors prison (is there still one of those?). Unlike many here in the states, I am lucky to know where my next meal is coming from, even if I'm too lazy to fix it. And fortunately, I have lost no one this year, even though it feels like it at times, since I have no visual contact with my no-name group or the children I miss tremendously.

Thank you again for being you, dear friend and for being MY friend.

Mrs.B said...

Just catching up Chris, that's a fabulous wintry journal page and I love the idea of the blackbird watching over the couple.
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
Avril

sirkkis said...

Happy and healthy New Year 2021 to you and yours, Chris.
With best wishes,
Sirkkis