Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 8 December 2020

Sparkle!

 Hi everyone! Our new challenge at Try It On Tuesday is Christmas Sparkle!

I do love a bit of glitter - not the kind that rubs off you hands though, or all over the carpet for weeks after Christmas,

Glitter these days comes in all sorts of different ways thank goodness.

The Design Team are ready to show you a Sparkly Christmas so please do take a look!

I made a tag but then decided it would look better on a journal page.

I used a favourite Artemio tree onto a brayered background. I also added some stars with stencil. I used paint with some added glitter but it doesn't show up too well.

I also brayered some silver and blue paint onto the page and then added some mica, spritzed and then dabbed on with some cling film.

I was going to add some words but the little girl dressed up for the weather reminded me of my envy of friends muff when I was a little girl. My Mum decided to make me one one - it was very warm, but sadly the little girl that was me was still envious of my friends luxury version.

Our  Christmas Sparkle challenge will run for two weeks and we hope you will find some time to join us.

I am also joining in with Tracey's 'The Meaning Of' theme at Art Journal Journey.

Thanks for looking, Chris




15 comments:

Marjut said...

Gorgeous. A beautiful background for the little girl.

Helen said...

Gorgeous Christmas sparkle! LOVE your tag on that fabulous art journal background!!! Have a very Happy Holiday season and Merry Christmas!! ((HUGS)) Helen

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful project, have a great week, hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful winter tag and page! Loving all the glittery sparkle and the tree stamp is gorgeous - perfect 😁. Merry Christmas to you and yours, may this holiday season be filled with love, joy and peace! Hugs, Jo x

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous page Chris! xx

Isabel para ALROMASAR said...

A beautiful winter tag and page, Chris!
Regards from Spain

Rita said...

The new glitters that don't rub off as marvelous! Very pretty. :)

Mrs.B said...

I love the sparkly tag with that sweet little girl, I can just imagine her all warm and toasty in her lovely coat and muff, standing out in the cold and feeling very happy. The tag looks super on your icy looking page.
Avril xx

My name is Erika. said...

This is gorgeous Chris. I love that sparkly tree and that sweet girl. I love the paper layering. It is frosty and sparkly. Hugs-Erika

Aimeslee Winans said...

Love your sparkles, Chris. I had a home sewn muff too. Mine was white fur lined with satin with a silk necklace cord and I loved it. Of course, being that color it didn't last long, lol. XOX

Cat Stegall said...

Love the soft antique look of your page 🥰

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Gorgeous page, i love this little girl!
hugs Elke

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I'll second that about that glitter that falls off and sticks to everything that it's not meant too, having worked with pre-school Children you can imagine glitter was something that followed me home every session, there's still signs of it 7 years on hee hee!! Your glittery page looks wonderful and I love the story as a child, I think we can all relate to memories just like this but I think if you had that muff now you would think it was the best of all. Lovely page, i'll be over to TioT this weekend to see what you've all been up to..
Sending hugs for a happy & safe weekend Tracey x

nwilliams6 said...

Super pretty background and girl, but the best part is your memory of the muff while gives this page a lovely background as well. The sparkle is awesome. I may have to play in that sparkle challenge. Hubby is away so I can get the glitter out without supervision - lol! LOve your creation, Chris. Hugz

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm not sure how I missed this, Chris. It's a wonderful example of sparkle. I agree that glitter is no fun if you are cleaning it up until Easter. You have created a genuine beauty and a lovely star studded entry for Tracey's theme at Art Journal Journey, too.