Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 20 December 2020

I made something(s)!!

 Hi everyone! It's been an uphill climb but I finally made another journal page for Tracey's 'The Meaning Of' theme at Art Journal Journey.

I love to listen to birds when I can, there are quite a few I recognise but a couple that I used to have to really listen to were the Robin and the Wren! I know the difference now as when we had our caravan we had both singing their hearts out. 

They are both beautiful songs but at this time of year I thought the Robin is the bird we associate with Christmas cards.

I used a Winter foliage napkin for the background and then gessoed where I wanted to add my napkin Robins, top right and bottom left

I added a stamped Crafty Individuals Robin and coloured it and also added one from some wrapping paper.

I added some napkin music too, and some gold foiling on some of the leaves and the music.

The letters are Paper Artsy ones which I stamped and fussy cut and outlined with white.

I also made a tag for Sandie's Christmas theme at Tag Tuesday.


Rather lazily I used some bits and pieces lying around on my desk, though I did stamp some gold snow flakes at the bottom!
                            ------------

The news of a new strain of the Corona virus isn't exactly what we wanted to hear but having seen news items on folk shopping, marching to object about the restrictions we are all under and attending sports events I am not surprised that cases are on the rise. 

A lot of people in London were rushing to railway stations ready to leave the city and share the virus with other parts of the country too! 

Many of these folk are not wearing masks and I presume that they have the same carefree attitude to not using hand sanitiser too!(more on that subject on Tuesday!)

I also swear that if I hear one more politician or health expert say how well they know that everyone has been pulling together I will scream!! Lets point a few fingers!!!

Sorry for ranting once again but everyone need to follow guidelines! I'm trying not to let it bother me! Really, I am trying!!

Thanks for looking, Chris 



11 comments:

craftytrog said...

Beautiful art Chris, I do love robins!
We're in this new tier 4, being close to London. We'll carry on shielding like we have for the past 9 months. I can't believe the way people are behaving, and don't get me started on the government!
Keep safe,
Alison xox

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful card Chris
People aren't meant to be locked up in their homes for months on end-other health concerns are on the rise because of it. everyone needs to do their part though-social distance is the big one, masks not all that dependable really, and sanitizing and washing hands is a big one too.
and children need to be in school not locked up in their homes looking at a computer screen--that' my rant as well haha
Merry Christmas

Isabel para ALROMASAR said...

I love this Christmas page, Chris. The tag is also very nice.
Tomorrow I will publish my last entry of the year so if I don't have another chance to greet you these days I wish you a very Merry Christmas.
Take good care of yourself and stay safe with your family.
Hugs from Seville, Spain.

nwilliams6 said...

Lovely page with the pretty birds, Chris. Cute tag too.

I agree with you on the sad news and poor plans of our government. I am all for tighter restrictions to scale it all down until we can all get vaccinated or something. Without serious restrictions and fines, there is no way people are going to follow any guidelines out there. I had a younger friend lose her husband to Corona complications this week. They both got it, but he couldn't fight it. Very, very sad.

Hugz and Merry Christmas.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

You have created a cute bird page and the day is so beautifully Christmassy. yes the news is sad again and the people i understand also don't be so reckless. I can understand your anger.
Take care of yourself, hugs Elke

My name is Erika. said...

I love the tag Chris and especially love your birds. That is such a joyful page. And here the bird of Christmas is the cardinal, but I do love your Christmas robins. They are really adorable. And I heard about the new virus strain. So scary. And I saw probably some of those same photos. I hope those people are not also heading here for the US either. Things are bad enough already. You made a good point about politicians and other leaders. Ours is too busy worrying about how he has lost an election and trying to figure out how he can steal it back instead of doing good for the country. Oh well. Stay safe Chris. Hugs-Erika

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Chris i'm so happy to see this very sweet journal page today of beautiful birds that mean a lot to me, they have certainly helped me through the past months watching them go about their day.. i've even wished I was a bird some days.
I watched as the new UK Co-vid rules have angered so many who want to save their Christmas but as I said earlier on blogger it's more important to me to save my family. Stay strong Chris & take good care, we will get through this.
BIG HUgs Tracey xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal page Chris, and thanks for making another tag for Sandie's challenge. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your Christmas robins are beautiful. Like Erika said, we think of cardinals at Christmas, but I love those robins that are SO different from ours. I like your glittery tag, too.

Don't get me started on politics. I was just accused of being anti-Trump and I should knock back my anti-Trump anger. I didn't realize that might be the case, but it seems one person believed that. See you later for T, dear and thanks for the page for Tracey's theme, too.

Sandra Wright. said...

Loving this tag..a great entry for our challenge at Tag Tuesday x

Rita said...

Yes, it is so frustrating to see people running around without masks! It's become such a political statement over here. Ridiculous! We need to care about each other...protect each other. I try not to let it bother me, too--but it does.

Lovely artwork. You know how I do love birds. ;)