Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 10 October 2020

Sunny Saturday

 Well, at least the sun is shining for a while so in my book bright colours are called for....are you ready for this?


You may remember the Paul Klee quote from my first post for my Hold the Line theme...'A line is a dot that went for a walk'

As a child in school I remember the teacher giving us a pencil and telling us to let it walk around the page, making loops and turns and to fill the page.
I remember doing this several times so maybe it was a way of killing time.
We then had to fill in the spaces, either with wax crayons(you may remember the sort of box that had various lengths of broken crayons with flecks of colour picked up from other crayons)or by making patterns(early entangling?)

I used a pen on my page one evening - it made me think of cats unravelling a ball of wool! I used Ecoline pens to colour in the spaces and the next morning went in search of some magazine freebie cats which I stamped and coloured.
I had bought the Woodware set with 'Do what makes you happy'the other week from the garden centre craft shop but this needed more - I just happened to have just the thing on my desk - from and Aall and Create stamp by Janet Klein - linked together with a curly ampersand.
I added some stamped paw prints from the cat set and then used a white pen to fill them in with a few added dots around too!

I hope you like my cute cats who look rather pleased with themselves!

Wishing everyone a great weekend.
Thanks for looking, Chris



  


7 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Seeing this and reading your description brings me back with a lightness and sense of pure playful joy Chris. If I wasn't about to go help do summer clean up I would do that right now. I love this page and the colors. Yes, the cats are perfect. Enjoy your new cookbook. I bought one too recently and am planning my next creation with it. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your loopy page, I always enjoy just playing with a pencil and making things with loops. Your page turned out very well. Still no heating here, I hope they get it done next week! Enjoy your weekend, hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Love this, so happy and full of life - and I love the quotes, too - a happy Sunday for you, hugs from here!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

If there's a cat around, Bleubeard is going to be very happy. He loves it when his species is honored in an art journal. I think this is brilliant and I love the cute loops and how the cats interact in those loops. Thanks for another inspiring interpretation of your theme at Art Journal Journey.

Rita said...

Oh, I love it! :)

Meggymay said...

A fabulous bright page Chris, another super inspiration page for your AJJ theme. . Great quotes as well to go with your page.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a happy page! The bright colours and kitten cats are purr-fect ...lol 😀. Take care! Hugs, Jo x