Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 25 October 2020

A Bit Spooky...

.....really only a little bit spooky, you know me and Halloween! I hadn't intended making a page today - or doing a blog post...so what happened?

Well, for long enough I have been meaning to make more room for my new stamps. I knew I had a lot that I don't use much any more but I also have some that I know I won't ever use again for a variety of reasons. The extra hour today (clocks went back in the UK) meant that I was able to make an early start and I went along my shelves of stamp storage boxes and removed a few stamps, found a few I had forgotten about and combined some boxes that were now half empty!

It was at this point I became distracted - hubby came to see what I was doing, found an owl stamp that was on the 'to go' pile and grabbed it.

Now, my hubby has been saving magazine pics of wild animals, birds of prey and anything else that he liked the look of for a while now. I had also give him some from my old bird books and recently he has been sticking them into a book, except that he then decided that some backgrounds would be nice. Over the last couple of weeks we have made gelli prints and also made some stamped and stencilled msterboards. We have also watched some craft shows on Hochanda, mainly Jean of Crafty Individuals, Abs of Aall and Create and Leonie on Wednesdays and having got these hand made products he proceeded to cut/rip them up and collage them and has made some pretty good journal pages. He has also got the stamping bug (as we know, more contagious that Covid19)and has ordered some wildlife  stamps of his own!

Sorry, I am rambling a bit - I'll cut it short - I decided to trust him with some of my Crafty Individual owl stamps...which is where I came across Mr Wolf.

I have also just received some Aall and Create stamps by Tracy Evans and spotted the lines that I thought would be handy!

The page had been spattered with black paint - can't remember why, but all I need to do was stamp the wolf, colour the moon with silver paint and then add the pine branch and some words using Tracy's new letter stamps (small stamps by Tracy Easson in between)

The silver moon looks as though it is reflected at the bottom of the page which is really some of Abs' washi tape - I extended the branch and the lines at the bottom with a Pitt pen.
I did have one or two blog challenges in mind when I made this page!

I am entering at 



This also being linked to my Hold The Line theme at Art Journal Journey.

Thanks for looking, Chris


6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovel piece, love the wolf stamp. I have a moon and a wolf on my new piece, it goes live at midnight. Great minds and all that....I'm off for bath and bed! Have a nice evening, hugs, Valerie

nwilliams6 said...

Chris, I LOVE this. I love wolves and this is sooooo cool. Love this and it works perfect for thiS time of year too. Hugz

Iris Flavia said...

I like it a lot, along with the fact that your Hubby joins in!

Rita said...

How great that the hubby is getting into crafty stuff, too!
I love wolves so this is a great page. :)
Good luck with the sorting through your stamps. So hard to let go of art & craft supplies.

Eileen Bergen said...

Quite a coincidence here. I just came from visiting Valerie's last AJJ page with a wolf howling at the moon. And here you are with the same theme. Wonderful page. I love the reflected moon effect.

Our clocks went back yesterday too. I wish the U.S. would get in sync. Actually, I wish the world would just do away with DST. It messes up my body clock for days after each switch.

I enjoyed reading how your hubby got interested in one of your hobbies. I wish mine would ... or maybe not. Almost every time he comes into my craft room, he knocks something down. Two weeks ago, he broke a lamp.

Hugs, Eileen

My name is Erika. said...

I like this. It is just spooky enough without being frightening. I like those new AALL& Create stamps (well stamp, but the set you used a stamp from). And the wolf was a great find in your stash. I love how your hubby seems to be getting into some creativity too. How fun is that. This is a super page for your challenge. Hope your week is starting off well. Hugs-Erika