Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 4 October 2013

365/12 calendar journal (just a little late!)

I finished my September pages and should have posted, instead totally forgot, then realised I had no pages ready for October!
I'm in the middle of getting ready for my trip and it just totally escaped me. So, after a few distress inks rubbed over the page, sprinkled over with water drops I added a variety of layers using masks. I used kraft paper with just a touch of what was on my inking tool for the journal squares! The stamps are part of the TH halloween minis that I got on Monday from TK Maxx for……£7.99!! (I really would never have bought them at their usual price - any halloween was done with other products and a tiny atc TH skull stamp!)However, I have found that I do love them and will be definitely 'doing' halloween this year!!!
I finished it off with a group of buildings from a Lynne Perella Paper Artsy stamp set.
Here is my completed September page
I am still enjoying making these calendar journals as much as I did when I first started nearly three years ago, when I was first inspired by the fabulous Kate Crane. The link is still there on Kate's blog though sadly many use face book now instead:(

Thanks for looking, Chris

6 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Love the stamping on your October page, Chris - the cityscape is fab against your glorious "sky"!
Alison x

Zue said...

Hi Chris
Thanks for your lovely comment. I have been absent for a while, but I will be back to catch up with you too. Have great fun:)
Sue xxxx

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

I really like both of your pages. They are so colorful and the backgrounds are super juicy!

Annie said...

Hooray for September! And oh boy do I love your October!

Jenny Marples said...

Great pages Chris. Love your choice of stamped images. Jenny x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I'm so late visiting. Life got in the way this month. I agree that things seem to have changed with more and more using other venues like Facebook to show their calendars. I, on the other hand appreciate those who still blog.

Your calendar pages are fantastic. I love the colors of October colors and city scape. September reminds me of my grandmother, whose favorite colors were shades of lavender and purple. Lovely pages, both!