Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 3 September 2019

The Young Ones!

Our new theme at Try It On Tuesday is 'Boys/Girls/All things Children' and we would love to see lots of young ones in your entries, whether they be cards or something mixed media, from babies to teens!
Please pop over to TIOT see the Design Team's fabulous inspiration!

I made a simple card using a Penny Black stamp and some washi tape!
 I stamped the image and coloured it with water colour pencils and a water brush then added a few strips of overlapped washi tape for her to stand on. I used the same washi tape around the edge to make a frame.The sentiment is by Lindsay Mason.

The challenge runs for two weeks - I do hope you can join us at TIOT!

Thanks for looking, Chris 

13 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

This is a fabulous card! I love how you used the washi tape and the stamped image is so cute - perfect 😁. Wishing you a lovely week! Hugs, Jo x

My name is Erika. said...

Cute card Chris. This little girl and her grasshopper are adorable. Hugs-Erika

Rosie said...

A lovely card, Chris

froebelsternchen said...

So lovely ! A cute and beautiful card dear Chris! Happy TIOT!

Joan said...

This is so cute Chris and I love how you used the washi tape, I seem to have a lot of it for some reason and never quite know what to do with it!

Joan x

Meggymay said...

Its a real cute image for your card Chris and I love how you used the washi tape to frame it.
Yvonne xx

Rita said...

What a darling stamp! Such a cute card. :)

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Chris, the images is so sweet. Like your idea of using the washi tape.
Avril xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

She's absolutely adorable, Chris. You make such great, mailable cards. Great job coloring her, too.

Marjut said...

What a great card and I love the colours. Great idea to use washi tape.

Cath Wilson said...

She's a very cute little girl, Chris - love the fact that she's holding a grasshopper (I think? Or maybe a cricket from the size of it...). The simple watercolouring is perfect here and the washi tape looks brilliant. Great choice.
Cath x

Annie said...

I love your sweet card Chris x The image is so pretty and perfect for the young ones x I hope your back is much better now x As you will see I have not been blogging as much but hopefully back on track now as June - August was pretty busy with special birthdays and other family celebrations xx

Sending my best wishes
Annie xx

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, how cute is she?! And the washi frame is a lovely colourful edging.
Alison x