Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 24 September 2019

T stands for........Tag...and the heat!

Hi everyone, I will return to my travels as promised but first - a tag...after playing with that lovely pear stamp yesterday I have used it again.
The Funky Junkie Boutique challenge wants to see tags...Terrific Tags indeed!!
I'm not sure whether this is terrific but I did enjoy making it - a painty background over which I added some clear gloss paste. The pears were stamped on tissue then added with gel medium so they have a little bit of texture! I added the cute pair of girls on a 'ground' of cheesecloth and stamped some leaves using Distress Oxides. The words were printed from my computer.

Now, where was I? Travelling from Toulouse on the hottest day so far. We were lucky to be on the shady side of the train for most of the journey.

 I think these were Kites, there were a lot of them!

 I didn't take any photos when we changed trains at Bordeaux, hubby stayed below ground with the cases while I ventured up into the heat to find out which platform we should go to! I remembered Bordeaux station as being hot but on this day it was stifling! A quick comfort break and I was back down those stairs where we only had to go up the next but one stairs to our train!

 We knew we were getting near to the ned of our train journey when we saw this water tower
 When my Brother and Sister in Law picked us up it was 40.5 degreesC
We drove past part of Futurescope...
and spotted some harvesting going on...
 ..and then arrived at SIL's house and the beautiful cool patio area

My drink shot for T Stands For Tuesday is at a cafe in Toulouse on our last day...and of course it's time to join Bleubeard and Elizabeth..

 Hubby looking suitably nonchalant as I took his photo!
I wonder how long it took to put all these bottles up?

Thanks for looking, Chris


18 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Wow that is quite a wine display-I think your train ride sounds fun and relaxing-no driving lol.
beautiful patio
Happy T wishes Kathy

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful tag and wonderful photos. Happy T-Day!

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun tag. I really like your play on words. The scenery from the train looks very hot and arid. The patio looks so cool and inviting. Beautiful flowers. Wow, it must have been hot as I see a personal fan in the drinks shot. Happy T Day!

Divers and Sundry said...

That patio at your SIL's house looks delightful! What a perfect spot :) Happy T Tuesday

Meggymay said...

First of all its another great tag Chris, I like how you added the materials.
The scenery in the photos looks lovely and you can tell by the light it must have been so hot.
The patio at your SIL's house looks very welcoming and a lovely place to relax after being out in the heat.
Happy T day wishes Chris
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I really like the tag, Chris. I always love a play on words. The background is really lovely, too.

Your train rides were delightful. I felt like I was there with you. Wish I had been (grin).

Goodness. Those cappuccinos look wonderful. Were those cookies on the table? You certainly won't get those in the States!!!

I was absolutely blown away by that display of wine bottles. I'd hate to have to replenish it or dust it, for that matter. Great FIND.

Thanks for sharing your tag, your trip from Toulouse to your SIL's home via train, and your cappuccinos and wonderful wine display with us for T this Tuesday. BTW, was the train air conditioned?

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I love the pear stamp and how you gave it texture by stamping on tissue paper then decoupaging it in place. I really like that technique ... and your tag!

I'm surprised you could get such lovely photos from a moving train. Very pretty landscapes. Holy smoke! My cell phone app tells me that 40.5 C is 105 F! I don't know how you could even breathe in that heat!

I didn't wonder how long it took to put the wine bottles up. I wondered whether they would serve them, or do the bottles just stay there aging until they they turn. 😉

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

My name is Erika. said...

Very nice tag Chris. I love the pears again! And even your photos look like it is hot. The light in them is very white and bright. But still many interesting views. Hope you had a wonderful T day. Hugs-Erika

sarascloset said...

Chris, I am tickled pink to see you playing along at The Funkie junkie Boutique blog and with a tag, especially! So used to seeing those lovely journal pages. I love your embossed/stenciled background and gorgeous colors! I had a little giggle over the question you posed, too! Hugs! Sara Emily PS I enjoyed the photos of your excursion, too!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a pretty tag! I love your depiction of pear or pair too, so clever 😀. The views from the train look amazing and that beautiful patio area is just the place to cool off and relax having a drink 😀. Wishing you a very happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

Sharon Madson said...

I think your tag is terrific. Lovely photos, and your SIL's patio looks very nice. I bet you enjoyed it. Happy T Day.

Rita said...

Cute tag. Always love the travel and restaurant photos--but I looked up 40.5 C!!
Almost 105 degrees F!! I would be melting!! Glad you had a nice visit, though. :)

Lisca said...

Oh I love train journeys! It looks as if the windows were sufficiently clean to take pictures through.
40 Degrees is indeed very hot.Your SIL's shaded patio looks very inviting. In fact her garden looks very nice.
Wow! Look at all those bottles! But it's a good way of storing them.
I'm sorry I am late in commenting. We've been away camping on the coast and there was no wifi on the campsite.
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Maggi said...

I love your stamped pears, especially how you created texture with the tissue paper! Lovely background stamping too. Thanks for joining in our challenge at the Funkie Junkie.

Cec said...

Fun tag. Love the pears and texture. The little dolls look like they could easily pick those pears. Thanks for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog.
Hugs!
Cec

Ginny @ Polly's Paper Studio said...

Such a sweet tag with a cheeky sentiment! Those pics of your trip are fun to look through. What a nice addition to our challenge at the Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog. Hugs from Ginny at Polly's Paper Studio!

Jenny Marples said...

My goodness Chris that train journey sounds super hot! but the sights and sounds along the way look fantastic. Love your tag! It's always good to make something and really enjoy the process. Thank you for joining in with The Funkie Junkie Boutique challenge x

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely to see that gorgeous pear in action again, and I love the touch of texture from the cheesecloth. Marvellous scenery to take your mind off the heat!
Alison x