Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 16 September 2019

T Stands for .....Toulouse - the hottest day...

Well, I didn't do this deliberately but do take a look at my next post on Tuesday!

I must first apologise...but I don't know to how many of you...I spent quite a long time the other day catching up with blogs and T Day posts on the laptop at our caravan....I don't quite know at which point I realised that one of the comments didn't seem to publish as expected - it's more difficult to tell on blogs that moderate comments - but when I went back to check hardly any of the comments I made had published. I did try to add them again but by then I was very tired so I still haven't caught up!!!

I'm taking you back to Toulouse briefly..we didn't do much as the temperature went up even more on Wednesday!
We went to the market, it was lovely and cool and so much lovely food to see



 If we hadn't been travelling by train I would have bought one of the jars of cassoulet!
More cheese....yum!
 Oh! and quite a few patisseries! 
The main reason was that our concierge had recommended the restaurant above the market for our lunch!

It's time to link to Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T Stands For Tuesday! It is intended to be a drink related post but many of us share our food too!


 This is outside of the market building..
When we got in there was a waiting list and quite a few people before us in the queue!
 I was able to take some shots of the decor and hubby got a photo of me.....hmmm...from behind just before we were taken to our table.
I got some better shots of the decor when we sat down!


These are our starters, chilled soup for hubby and goats cheese parcels and salad for me - our drink was of course, water!
When the main course arrived I totally forgot to take a photo but it was a really delicious duck dish!
Oops! I only just remembered to take a shot of my dessert before I hand it over to hubby to finish off! Not that I couldn't have eaten it but I had to be careful with my sugar levels!

We needed to walk off our lunch then so we headed across the city, staying on the shady side of the streets and occasionally popping into shops with air con(Shhh!)
We headed for the Cathedral of St Etienne - as we opened the door we felt a blast of cool air...wonderful!






 Imagine one of these panels as a background in a journal...in fact, wait to see it!!!

We left the cathedral and saw the temperature on the pharmacy sign - It had gone down by 2 degrees while we were in there!

We walked back to the apartment taking one last look at the beautiful architecture of Toulouse.






We loved Toulouse and without the drama at the start and the heat at the end I think we would have seen far more...next time ...maybe...!

The next day - on the hottest day so far, we were on our way to Poitiers!

Thanks for looking, Chris 

20 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

So sorry that you have lost the comments and all the time you took to leave them. I do appreciate it so Chris! And Toulouse- oh my... the food (bien sur!!!), the buildings and architecture (oh la la - magnifique!!). What another fantastic trip you have enjoyed, and thank you so very much for sharing. Happy T day!

Kate Yetter said...

All those amazing cheeses and fruits have me drooling. I think I could live off of fruit and cheese. Looks like the perfect place to eat or shop.
That cathedral is breath taking but that building with the lady on it takes the cake. So many unique places and architecture.
So glad you shared.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

My name is Erika. said...

I love visiting markets when I travel to see all the foods. They do say so much about a place, don't they? As usual, I enjoy my bit of armchair travel. Happy T day Chris. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Fruit and cheese. I could live on both. I'm a huge cheese fan, and all of the se look SO good. My problem is, I would want to take an entire round of each home with me.

Your food looks decadent. Dare I say, everything looked fattening, except the water (grin). It's amazing how they serve water in France.

Beautiful photos of your walk around Toulouse and in the Cathedral of St. Etienne, too. I so enjoyed your walk and seeing more of the town.

Thanks for sharing your trip around Toulouse, your food, the cathedral, and your water (and cheese) with us for T this Tuesday.

BTW, you asked if the association was national. There are many neighborhood associations, even in my town. Our association is called North Riverside Neighborhood Association and that was the newsletter I was writing for. There are about 1500 people who live in my neighborhood boundaries.

Helen said...

I could leave the cheese but not dessert... shame it was so unbearably hot, you did well to see what you did! Love the cathedral.

Iris Flavia said...

Hmmm, all the cheese! And the temperature, oh, yes! It´s dropped down here in Germany too much!

Valerie-Jael said...

Thanks for sharing the gorgeous photos. I loved the cheeses best, I would like to eat m way through the display! Your food and drinks at the restaurant look great, too. Happy T Day, Valerie

Lisca said...

What a bummer you lost all the comments. That happens to me so often. I do them on my phone or ipad and half of them don't get through. So frustrating. I know how you feel.
Toulouse is really lovely. Thank you for taking us through the city. The architecture is amazing. I love the Art Deco house.
The food looks so yummy. I was drooling at the sight of all that cheese! The cafe looked fun. I like the decor with all those old posters.
Looking forward to seeing Poitiers. (We were there too)
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great photos. I love the architecture, especially the church. Happy T-Day!

Meggymay said...

Oh Chris thank you for sharing these photos and especially the ones of the market, I could almost smell the aromas and would have spent ages looking at the variety of cheese, before buying some to take home. This brought many memories back of our trips to France in the caravan.
Your meal out sounded and looked delicious.
Happy T day wishes Chris.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

What an amazing food market! Your meal at the restaurant looks so delicious too and I so enjoyed looking at all the wonderful architecture with you 😀. Toulouse looks like a fabulous place to visit, thanks for sharing and Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

Divers and Sundry said...

All that fruit and cheese! yum! Your restaurant meal looks delicious, too. The cathedral is beautiful inside and out. The architecture is so interesting, so different from anything I see here. The doors and windows! What a delightful trip, even given the drama ;) It does add an interesting element to tales of the trip, I'm sure lol

Happy T Tuesday!

Sharon Madson said...

Lovely post! I always enjoy seeing your hubby's smiling face! :) All the photos are wonderful, and the food ones make me hungry. :)
As for comments, mine don't always take. I don't know why. But, I do know I can't post comments from my iPad. Happy T Day!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Toulouse - what a beautiful city. Thank you for the photos, Chris. I don't know how you could walk past those wonderful market display cases without buying. Your starter and dessert look delicious. I'll take your word about the duck dish 😉

I look forward to seeing your journal page with the photo from the church as a background.

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

CJ Kennedy said...

A nice market. The Eldest would be drooling all over the cheese. Me? I'd rather press my nose to the pastry window. Looks like you found a popular place to eat. I love the old-fashioned fruit and vegetable box labels. Lunch looks quite good. The interior of the church is so beautiful. Always amazes me how the Medievals were able to create such large and gorgeous churches without all the modern construction equipment. Beautiful architecture, too. The iron railings look like lace. Happy T Day

Halle said...

Yummy array of foods. The architecture you shared is absolutely amazing.
Happy T day!

froebelsternchen said...

Wow, that food and the amazing architecture! AWESOME Chris! Thanks for sharing!

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous photos Chris, must admit I always love to go to the local food markets and the food in the restaurant looks delicious. Toulouse looks a beautiful city.
Avril xx

Words and Pictures said...

Wonderful arrays of delicious looking food... I do love a market or supermarket tour! Your meals look gorgeous too... and thank you again for all these wonderful architectural photos of Toulouse.
Alison x

Caty said...

What a so nice trip Chris !! I´ve enjoyed your visit with you, the cheese are delicious, and the cakes... my fave is... les éclairs au café, yummy sure!
The cathedarl is very b eautiful, and I´m sure you had a lovely T-day. Thanks so much for sharing your photographs with us, they are always great ! Hope you won´t lose more comments, it´s so frustating.
I wish you a very happy afternoon, and send you big hugssss
Caty