Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 6 August 2018

T Stands for.....the journey home...

Hi every one, I am slowly catching up with a few blogs(I'm ashamed to admit to the fact that some blogs haven't been visited since June!)I will get there!!!

A few weeks ago Jo  of Lets Art Journal showed some photos she had taken at Barton Grange Garden Centre and reminded me that we often used to go there on our way up to the caravan, we also used to go on to do our shopping in Garstang. Then we found that there was a Waitrose opened near Preston (also on the way)and our shopping and eating habits changed. 
On Sunday on our way home we decided to get some of our shopping for home in Garstang and then call to Barton Grange for lunch!
The first thing I spotted were the glass agapanthus blooms that Jo had shown - they are beautiful!
We had a wander around and there were such lovely displays and garden ornaments...if only we had the kind of garden for them!!





 I'm not sure how comfortable this would be to sit in for long!
Neither am I sure about seeing this snail very day!!
I loved the watering can displays though...




Sorry, messed this one up!!!
Loved all of this little ornaments too...maybe we will go back and get one of these!
Oh! and hubby and I enjoyed our lunch too, seeing as the reason I am here is for T Stands For Tuesday over at Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog!




Hubby had fish and I had a delicious chicken and veg pie, we had water to drink as we had stopped for a coffee in Garstang. You will notice that I didn't have a dessert, although I did have a couple of spoonful of hubby's fruit cheesecake!

I have a tag for Tag Tuesday's 'Bingo' challenge too.
Nothing special I'm afraid - I have got out of the habit of making tags. I had a tag with a crackle background, I stamped some random numbers and added some stripy washi tape. The bingo card is cut from a Tim Holtz paper and the numbers over stamped with the end of a pen!I stamped 'YES' three times, slightly overlapping each time.

Thanks for looking, Chris

19 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Between you and Jo, I feel like I know that Barton Grange Garden Center quite well now. It's a lovely place and it appears both you and Jo were taken by it and the landscaping ideas. I have a small collection of watering cans, so those really interested me.

Right now, I'm so hungry (haven't eaten all day), I could dive into the cauliflower, green beans, and potatoes. I'd even help T eat his cheesecake, or order one of my own. Thanks for sharing this trip to Barton Grange Garden Center with us for T this Tuesday.

BTW, I have trouble getting into tag mode too, even though I want to play in Tag Tuesday.

Kate Yetter said...

I loved seeing all the displays at this garden center here and on Jo's blog. What a stunning place to visit! I would just go there for the atmosphere. It looks like a magical place to shop and explore.
And the cheesecake with berries is very tempting to me. Yum!
Happy Tea Day, Chris.
Kate

My name is Erika. said...

That is an amazing garden center for sure. Some of those garden decorations are really spectacular. And lunch looks so yummy. You certainly had a good stop on your trip. Hope you have a wonderful T day. hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

That garden centre is beautiful, it's a real paradise. There is one like that near where a friend lives here, we love visiting it. Our one here is nice, but small! Your food looks good, and chicken and veg pie sounds great. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

Great post, looks a wonderful garden centre. The glass agapanthas are gorgeous - they look like the ones they had a Kew last year for one of their exhibits, I wonder if they are by the same artist.

chrissie said...

Terrific tag and a wonderful photographs Chris-always love to see your husband with his big smaile.

Thank you for commenting on my blog. Not sure you should attmept a visit to NE coast until later in the year it is chaos at the moment with everyone wanting to feel the sea breezes.

Love Chrissie xx

froebelsternchen said...

The displays at this garden center are amazing! ANd the food looks tempting at the trip! Super! Lovely tag Chris!
Happy T-Day my friend!
Hugs Susi

Meggymay said...

Yourself and Jo have got me wanting to visit that garden center, though I will settle for seeing the lovely photos and maybe sometime we may stop close enough to visit.
The food looks delicious, your hubby always as a warming smile, that you cannot help but smile at the screen in return.
Happy T day wishes Chris.
Yvonne xx

kathyinozarks said...

I love your t bag bingo card-
wow what a fabulous place you shared with us-very neat animals and other things for the gardens-those watering can displays were special-allot work to water all of those.
Your food out always looks so delicious
Happy T Day wishes Kathy

CJ Kennedy said...

that garden center is spectacular. And the watercans are a clever display. the fruit and cheesecake looks so good. I think I would have eaten that first. Happy T Day!

jinxxxygirl said...

Its been ages since i've wandered around a Garden Center.. I've tried to avoid the temptation since i have no where to garden here and i miss it.. The deer would eat anything i plant.. But i sooo enjoyed your visit .. Surely some really unique things to see there... And so nice to see your hubby.. He seems like such a good natured fellow!! :) Happy T day! Hugs! deb

Dianne said...

A wonderful visit to the garden center...it looks quite stunning. I imagine those huge garden ornaments are quite pricey, but how beautiful! yeah, maybe the enormous snail would bother me too, lol! the watering cans might be more my price range...love their novel displays! Your tag is wonderful. sometimes simple can be equally beautiful and I think this is one of those times. ;) happy T day! ♥

Let's Art Journal said...

I'm glad you got to visit Garstang and Barton Grange again, they are both fabulous places, aren't they! Thanks for the shout out too 😁. It looks like you had a lovely meal, your chicken and veg pie looks delicious - Happy T Day! J 😊 x

Halle said...

I feel you with not visiting blogs. Its so hard to fit everything in sometimes. That place is gorgeous. So much to see and enjoy!
Love the tag too.
Happy T day!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

The glass agapanthus blooms are really spectacular. I recognized them from Jo's post right away. Then you went on to find lots of different stuff. The array lawn of lawn ornaments is fascinating. As you noted, most of them need a very large garden.

It's fun taking a different route now and then.

Happy T-day, Chris! Hugs, Eileen

Divers and Sundry said...

I'd love to spend a few hours in that garden center. I'm afraid my budget would be busted in minutes! On the other hand, I bet they'd have some ideas for me :) I'd definitely love a meal like your hubby's. Just the ticket. Yummmm! Happy T Tuesday

Sharon Madson said...

Fabulous post! Love all the great photos! And, your hubby always has a great smile! Glad he let you have some of his dessert! Happy ?Tea Day!

Lisca said...

I really miss going to large garden centres in the UK. There is a garden centre here and it is quite nice, but it only sells plants and a few pots, not the huge department store garden centres you have with clothes, furniture, gift shop, craft department and book stall. Some have an acquatic departments too. And they all have nice cafes.
So thank you for showing me around the garden centre. It's good I'm not really there aas I would spend a lot of money!
Your tag is great. I don't think Bingo is an easy subject, so well done.
Happy T Day,
Lisca

johanna said...

this garden center would be really after my heart, too! i´m sure i could spend there hours. nice post, chris - have a good week!